Wisconsin

August! What season are you?!? >.>

JesterkatJesterkat member
First Comment
edited June 2013 in Wisconsin
I recently just move to WI from IL and was wonder how August is here? 4 hours from my old home makes the difference in the weather. My fiance and I set our date for August. I am stuck on deciding if that is a summer or fall wedding? We pick our colors out; Purple and Brown with green accents. And I know I want to do a Rustic/Barn site for the reception. I am just having a hard time deciding what season August is for the flowers. Any insight is most welcome TY! 

Re: August! What season are you?!? >.>

• It is summer and usually can get pretty hot. I wouldn't call it "fall" until closer to the very end of Sept or very beginning of Oct.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • That is what I was thinking. Tyvm Need to re-think a few things :D 
  • Agreed, Wisconsin summers can sometimes take awhile to get started. July and August definitely tend to heat up quite a bit. Summer Summer!
  • My sister got married outside on a bright, sunny in August. It was HOT! In the 90s that day.

We had dark purple dresses, and for the flowers, she used white hydraneas, roses, and dahlias. It was pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would consider August to be summer.  On our wedding day last August, the weather was partly sunny and 75 degrees -- it was perfect! However, the week before and after it was over 90 degrees several days in a row.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards