Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Need some song suggestions for father-daughter dance

My dad passed away a year and a half ago. While I had different scenarios in my head of how it would go if he was still alive (he had Alzheimer's so my mom and I had planned out a few different options depending on how far the Alzheimer's could progress if he were still alive when I got married). One thing I had alway knew I would do was to have a dance with my uncle who was very much a second father. The problem has now become the song...my searches have come up empty and the songs that I love don't really fit, and I want to be sensitive to my younger sister who is still having a really hard time with not having him around. Any suggestions?

Re: Need some song suggestions for father-daughter dance

• sorry about your dad--  have your uncle pick a song.  I had my dad pick our song and it was one of my favorites parts of the day when I finally heard what he picked (which was a perfect choice). 

some that some to mind for a uncle/bride dance would be:
    You are so Beautiful
    Isn't She Lovely
    Stand By Me
    Lean On Me
    What a Wonderful World
    In My Life

Its going to be hard for people and your sister regardless but if its something you want it can still be done tastefully.  Good Luck!

Anniversary
  • My Dad passed away from cancer a few years back. My brother-in-law has been that other father figure in my life staring when I was 16. So he is the one walking me down the aisle. I think we are doing "MY Wish" by Rascall Flatts because it isn't sugary sweet like other songs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards