Attire & Accessories Forum

Tan tuxes and mahogany dresses?

Hey Ladies, 
I'd like your opinions on tan tuxes or suits (I don't know the difference!) for my fall wedding.  I'm thinking of doing a mahogany/dark red dress then having the guys in a tan tux with a vest to match the dresses.  Ideas?

Re: Tan tuxes and mahogany dresses?

• Hey Ladies, 
    I'd like your opinions on tan tuxes or suits (I don't know the difference!) for my fall wedding.  I'm thinking of doing a mahogany/dark red dress then having the guys in a tan tux with a vest to match the dresses.  Ideas?

I think it would be very pretty. Personally, I'm not a fan of tan tuxes.  Tan and tux just doesn't go together.  I would have them buy a suit instead of renting a tuxedo.
  • I agree about the suits. If it's within their budgets, I think a three piece suit could look really nice. 

Personally, I'm also not a fan of the vests matching the BM dresses - a little prom-ish. I think tan vests with mahogany ties could be really handsome though. 
  • I hate tan suits.  To me they look dated and costumey.  
  • Tuxes are black.  Period.

I actually do not mind tan suits, especially if you are having a more relaxed and outdoor wedding.  But you really can never go wrong with a black or charcoal/grey suit.

• It will be an outdoor wedding at a community center in October.  Probably mid-late afternoon.  The dresses will be dark red so I'm worried about the charcoal idea.  The indoor option has floor to ceiling windows on one side and then a nice light sage color and some natural looking brick (tans and ivory colors).  My fiancé just looks odd in a black tux to me.   Thanks for all the feedback!
  • I think dark red dresses and charcoal suits would look awesome together!  I found this picture on Google Images:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto the charcoal - tuxedo rental places have some really great new options in grey with very little satin and come in three pieces so it looks very much like a suit. Give the guys a break they are not like us ladies, make it easy and rent something.

Tuxedo places also rent suits....
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That's a very pretty color combo that looks great together. I just worry that it may look a little old fashion or frumpy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards