Wedding Etiquette Forum

invitations

Our wedding is August 16th, 2013.  We sent out aprox. 100 invitations two weeks ago with pre-stamped RSVP cards with meal selections on them.  Is it strange that I have only received 13 back...two weeks later.   I am starting to worry? what if no one wants to or can come??? 

Re: invitations

• That would depend on the reply date you put on them.

You're a month out, relax

• We sent ours out June 1st, I have gotten about 1/3 of the replies back.  I wouldn't worry- it seems that people sometimes take their time!
  • What is your RSVP date? It shouldn't have passed, so this is a non-issue. 
  • Sweetie, it's been two weeks. No one cares about your wedding as much as you do. You should expect to get most of the RSVPs back either at the due date, or about 2 weeks before the wedding, whichever is farther away.
  • You sent your invitations out 11 weeks before the wedding, when they should have gone out at 6-8 weeks away. I don't know what I'm doing in August yet. I wouldn't have RSVPd either unless you were a close friend or relative. Relax and be patient.
  • Totally depends on the RSVP date, so I wouldn't be stressed at all :)

PS I get married a year after you - go Team August 16th!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I assume your RSVP date is somewhere around August 1st. That's over a month from now. There is absolutely no reason to be worrying this far out. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yay, a date twin! It's coming up soon!

Definitely don't worry. There is plenty of time. From what I've seen on here most replies come in the last week. Since we are on a Friday that is especially true, since lots of people will have to check with work before they know if they can make it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards