Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Saying on the grooms cake?! Country Rustic Vintage theme!

Hello!

We are having a fairly laid back wedding, in a back yard with bbq for food. I am having my traditional three tier cake, with just some fresh flowers put on it, and just a plain textured buttercream frosting. We want to have a carrot cake sheet cake for the grooms cake.

We want to write something short and clever on it, then run a toy tractor lightly through the writing, to smudge it a bit, not make it unreadable, then park the toy tractor at the corner of the cake. This is a bit of an homage to my husband to be's father.

I can't think of anything clever to say! While our wedding is a bit country, it is still a classy wedding, so I dont want anything to hick-ish, if you know what i mean!

Re: Saying on the grooms cake?! Country Rustic Vintage theme!

• Why are you doing an homage to the groom's father on the groom's cake? I always thought the groom's cake was to be about the groom. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Maybe a line from a song that includes a tractor?  International Harvestor, Big Green Tractor, She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy... those are three songs I can think of off the top of my head...

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I've never seen a groom's cake with words. If you don't have a saying that means something to you, it's probably pointless. Likely, no one will get the clever "joke" anyways, or even see it before the cake is cut.
  • What about your anniversary date?
  • I agree with Addie that it's odd you would "pay a homage" to your FFIL.

Why cant you just do a traditional grooms cake?? You know.... one that's for the GROOM?

The whole thing sounds "hickish" to me honestly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards