Florida-West Coast

Sarasota Vendor Suggestions?

I'm a Texas bride getting married in Sarasota in November and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for flowers, DJ, officiant (fun, entertaining, borderline religious), transportation (for everyone!) to and from Siesta Key beach.  My fiance and I are also looking for someplace secluded (ie, not a hotel) on Siesta Key the night of the wedding.  Lastly, we're debating DJ vs. band, but I haven't been able to come up with a good way of checking out bands from afar.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Sarasota Vendor Suggestions?

• For a DJ: DJ Chris Grumley 941-219 2106 http://djchrisgrumley.com/

• If cost is important, I would def go with a DJ, we used Black Tie DJ, DJ Craig.  He was a true pro and about a fourth of the cost of a band. 

I also used elegant design floral arts studio for flowers.  Yelena was wonderful!!  She has flowers for every budget and was able to create my perfect vision.  She is also very easy to communicate with, she is quick to respond to emails.  Highly recommend her. 

• Thanks for the suggestion we were actually planning on going with Craig. It's great to get a positive recommendation!
  • I would suggest also to look at their playlists beforehand.  I admit I didn't have the time to create an actual list of songs but I did send back their requested paperwork with a few artists we liked and he really did a good job of playing those and similar artists. 

Their playlists do include a lot of the typical "wedding songs" that my husband and I did not want at all costs (electric slide...YMCA etc) and I made a list of "do not play".  He stuck to it and our music was wonderful.   I've heard horror stories of DJ's that have their own agenda and Craig was truly there to make our wedding exactly what we wanted.  He also did a really nice job of announcing and keeping the flow of the wedding.  You are in good hands with him.  

• Do you have plans for a bachelorette party? If not, consider Pure Romance. It's an in-home party plan guaranteed to educate and entertain the female members of your bridal party. The parties are free to host and you also get free gifts just for hosting. Check out the website to see the wide variety of products we offer.  EbonyJohnson100135.PureRomance.Com
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2013
    You are not allowed to post as a vendor.

• flowers by fudge is a great florist
  • Do any of you ladies know any vendors that are photgraphers AND videographers?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards