Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Where did you have your ceremony and reception?

Where did you have your ceremony and reception? (Preferring Churches for the ceremony. Reception doesn't have to be in a church.)
How much was it? 
How many people did it hold?
What made you choose it?
Could you spare some advice, please?
Really I'm looking for a location. I have no idea where to start. LOL. Im in Arlington. Fiancée lives in Euless. My family is DFW. His family is Killeen, Tx. close to Austin.  

Re: Where did you have your ceremony and reception?

• We may be able to help you narrow down some options if you tell us your budget, guest list, and area of town you would like to stay in.

There are thousands of venues in DFW, and we can help you narrow it down if you give us some parameters.

To answer your question, I was married at the Filter Building, ceremony and reception. We had 150 guests, and it was 2700 for a Saturday night, although it is more now I think. That price didn't include any rentals, food, or setup, just the building.
    That's something you definitely want to keep in mind when looking at venues, what is included and what isn't.
  • We were married at the hotel where we went for drinks on our first date. We chose it specifically because it was special to us and suited our guest list. When you think about your wedding day, what do you see: a garden, a lake, a ballroom, something rustic? Make a list of your must haves: size, date, location, budget, whether you want DIY or more inclusive, BYOB, etc. to give yourself some parameters when you start your search. Then you can more easily eliminate those that don't fit.
  • What kind of church are you looking for?  There used to be a website: rentmychurch.org (or .com, I can't remember) that had a list of churches that allow nonmembers to get married there.

To answer your question, my wedding was at Christ the King Catholic Church in Dallas, and my reception was at Cityplace on the 42nd floor.  We had cocktail hour in the club (which has been recently renovated) which holds around 200 people, and dinner/dancing in the loft, which holds more like 250 people (or more, if you shrink the dance floor).  We chose it because of the outstanding views of downtown Dallas.
    Anniversary

• Well... um. 
    Problem is not a lot of things are set in stone yet. I have talked to Fiancé about a few things. I would say for now, the budget would be about $20,000-$25,000. Guest list is, well... We just really talked about the people that we must have over there no matter what. That came at about 15. But we both agreed that there is a lot more people we would want to invite and we do want to make it a big party. So I'll go with 100 for now. 
    For the ceremony I do want it in a church, but not a tiny church. I like space. Whenever the subject comes up Fiancé, talks about the Marty Leonard Community Chapel in Ft. Worth. I wouldn't mind checking it out. I would just want to know what all my options are. My first choice would really be in the mid-cities, Arlington, HEB, Grapevine, Grand Prairie, Mansfield. 2nd choice would be Ft. Worth. 
    For the reception, all I can picture is big windows. Im most likely going to have it during the day and I want the sun light. I don't want it outdoors. I don't want to get rained out. I do want a dance floor. The reception doesn't have to be in a church. 
  • BarklarichBarklarich member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    We may be able to help you narrow down some options if you tell us your budget, guest list, and area of town you would like to stay in.

There are thousands of venues in DFW, and we can help you narrow it down if you give us some parameters.

To answer your question, I was married at the Filter Building, ceremony and reception. We had 150 guests, and it was 2700 for a Saturday night, although it is more now I think. That price didn't include any rentals, food, or setup, just the building.
    That's something you definitely want to keep in mind when looking at venues, what is included and what isn't.

The Filter Building is next to a lake??? Fiancé would love that! If the windows show the lake then that would take care of my happiness.  I just prefer it wasn't in Dallas...

Also, question, what rentals would I have to have? I have the option to pay them to set it up? As in they put up the decorations? Is that optional? Can I do that myself? 

• What kind of church are you looking for?  There used to be a website: rentmychurch.org (or .com, I can't remember) that had a list of churches that allow nonmembers to get married there.

To answer your question, my wedding was at Christ the King Catholic Church in Dallas, and my reception was at Cityplace on the 42nd floor.  We had cocktail hour in the club (which has been recently renovated) which holds around 200 people, and dinner/dancing in the loft, which holds more like 250 people (or more, if you shrink the dance floor).  We chose it because of the outstanding views of downtown Dallas.

It's rentmychurch.com. Oh, thank you. This is a nice start off list. My only worry is I might spend days on this. 

The City Place, is this that building with the giant ball on top that turns? I thought that was a restaurant. 

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    City Place is a different building.

Filter Building is at White Rock Lake.

You could look at Plaza on the Hill at the Sheraton in Arlington. Marrty Leonard is lovely.

Also make your guest list first--guest lst determines the size of venue you will need as well as the costs per person for food and beverage.
  • You could look at Plaza on the Hill at the Sheraton in Arlington. Marrty Leonard is lovely. Also make your guest list first--guest lst determines the size of venue you will need as well as the costs per person for food and beverage.
    Oh goodness, that is beautiful. I have to see it. It has my windows! Oh thank you. This is going to be on the top of the list. But alright. I will try to get a guest list going before I go there. 

I thought White Rock & Dallas was the same thing. I guess not...
  • White Rock is a lake in Dallas.  :)

To answer your question, we are having our ceremony at Oak Lawn United Methodist Church.  It is a big church that holds many more people than we need.  We chose it for the denomination and for the location.  The cost is 2450, but 500 of that is a deposit.

We are having our reception at the Warwick Melrose across the street from the church.  We chose it because FI's only request was to have a historic space, and it is.  I also like the decor and the colors of the venue, and the feeling and look of the place was important to me.  A hotel also deals with all the little things that would have made me crazy, like chairs, linens, etc.  The price is based on a food and beverage minimum, and it ranges from 6,000 to maybe 12,000 depending on the time of day of the event.  The actual cost will be more on the higher end once everyone is actually fed.  :)

If you would prefer FTW, Arlington, or mid-cities, I think you wil simplify the process if you just don't consider Dallas at all....only because it can become overwhelming so you need to narrow the options somehow.  Location is a good way to do that.  Just my suggestion after looking at the entire DFW metroplex and beyond myself and ending up very confused, then finally going back to where I originally wanted to be.  I've found it is much easier in Dallas because I know Dallas well, FTW not so much (even though I lived in Tarrant County for years :)

In the areas you are considering, I think the Marty Leonard Chapel is certainly one of the most popular and beautiful chapels.  The YWCA seems popular.  Also check out the Rose Chapel maybe.  Piazza in the Village is a beautiful venue in Colleyville that you might look into.  It is going to be at the higher end, budget-wise.  In Grapevine, Delaney Vinyards is pretty.  I'm sure there are plenty of churches nearby.

Good luck and congrats!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely get a guest list going. That will help eliminate a lot of places to get you a good starting point.

It's rentmychurch.com. Oh, thank you. This is a nice start off list. My only worry is I might spend days on this. 

The City Place, is this that building with the giant ball on top that turns? I thought that was a restaurant. 

You're thinking of Reunion Tower.  I have no doubt they'd host a lavish reception for you, though.

I agree that you need to pin down two things: a guest list (don't forget to include your families' requests) and a location.  If you want lots of windows and whatnot, I would DEFINITELY recommend Cityplace, but if you want to stay out of Dallas, that rules that out.

There are other lakeside venues closer to Arlington, so your options are not limited.
    Anniversary

• Oh dear, what is happening around here?

• Personally, I hope it gets so out of control they reinstate at least some mods.  The admins take off for the weekend and the spammers go nuts.
    Anniversary

• City Club in Fort Worth
    Fort Worth Museum of Science
    Lone Star Mansion
    Fort Worth Club
    Victory Arts Center

All of these places are in Fort Worth and have large or floor to ceiling windows. Sorry, I am no help in Arlington!
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • I was married at Avanti Fountain Place is downtown Dallas. TONS of windows! We had around 50 people, but I think 100 is max. We went with a Sunday to save on f&b minimums, but I think it ran around $8500 for venue (ceremony & reception) food, drinks, and lots of other things included. We chose it because it was the perfect all in one venue. I knew immediately upon our visit & we did not visit anyplace else. I just had to make it sort of fit our budget. I know you don't want Dallas, but maybe check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards