Delaware

Rehearsal Dinner-Delaware County, PA

FH and I are beginning to think about our rehearsal dinner for our upcoming wedding in September.  I am looking for suggestions for venues in the Springfield/Media, PA area.  FH really wants the Town House in Media but I have never had a positive experience there and I don't want to spend that much money either.  I would ideally like a backyard BBQ but our house is not large enough to host our large wedding party and with my recently divorced parents, the territory is tough when it comes to one anothers houses (although both have offered to host).  FH thinks a BBQ is "tacky" but we are also on a tight budget, which he conveniently forgets when it comes to food lol.  So ultimately, we are looking for something casual that will be of reasonable cost.  The rehearsal will be held at St. Johns Chrysostom in Wallingford so any place around there would be greatly appreciated.  

I guess I should say I posted here also because our reception is in DE and we live right on the PA/DE line.  I know many DE brides are familiar with this area and I'm sure you could make some good suggestions.  Wilmington area is only about 20 minutes from our rehearsal site so please feel free to make additional suggestions if you feel they fit.  My cousins rehearsal dinner was at Galluccio's last summer and that's sort of the feel I'm going for (without booking at Galluccio's).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner-Delaware County, PA

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Check out Kid Shelleen's.  It's not far from Galluccio's.  I've thrown 2 parties there in their private room, and my rehearsal dinner will be there.  You can make it so that it's fairly reasonable. They've done a great job for me.

Also, our reception is at Ballrooms at Boothwyn in Boothwyn, right over the DE/PA state line.  It's a really nice ballroom facility with a smaller patio room (with a private entrance) that you might be able to reserve.  They do a really nice job and will work with your budget.

Iron Hill Brewery in Wilmington also has a private room upstairs you can check out. The only problem there is that there isn't a private bar in that room.

• We are going to Brandywine prime in chadds ford. Off of route 1 near 202. The place is beautiful and had great packages and is willing to work with you. Check it out. You will love it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards