Nevada-Las Vegas

RSVP Rentals getting in to Mandalay Bay

Okay, so I just made a reservation for some high-top tables, banquet table, appropriate linens, black folding chairs and an ice chest. Put down the deposit etc etc. She mentioned that I will need to get freight elevator clearance as they didn't think they could bring the items up a passenger elevator in a nice place like Mandalay Bay.

Freight elevator? I have been using the rule of thumb that the less Mandalay Bay knows about my in-suite reception, the better. Does anyone have any experiences with this? Any problems? What to do...

Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013

Re: RSVP Rentals getting in to Mandalay Bay

• kazzykazzy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Hmmm. I rented from RSVP Rentals for use at Mandalay but used another company to pick it up and get it up to the room because the idea made me so nervous. Haha. We just had booze, food and glasses and I think it fit on one or two standard bell carts. I gave the runner a lot of dolla bills to tip bellboys etc as he went and he had no problems, but I don't think he used the freight elevator. :( 

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• Thanks alot Kazzy! I think I might just keep it to myself, I have heard of alot of brides having rentals delivered to their suites. Hopefully it won't be a problem!
  • Kazzy- would you mind sharing the name of the delivery company you used?  I also am running into issues with RSVP wanting to meet with the hotel before doing any deliveries...
  • Will the hotel have a problem with them coming to the suite? Which hotel? I think I may just ask my wedding coordinator at Mandalay Bay

• Will the hotel have a problem with them coming to the suite? Which hotel? I think I may just ask my wedding coordinator at Mandalay Bay

Most hotels, including Mandalay, have a policy about holding events in a suite, as well as banning third party commercial entities from servicing events in suites, so technically in-suite receptions not put on by the hotel themselves are not allowed, which is why very few people make the hotel aware of the fact that they plan to do that.  If Mandalay knows, they could potentially try to force you to use the hospitality suite or at the very least to hire their catering dept to handle food/beverages for you.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Okay thanks Vegasgroom, I mean it is pretty clear they don't want you using outside food/beverage but people do it anyway. My coordinator doesn't seem too concerned with me having an "event" in the suite. I haven't given many details but her words were technically it is your hotel room and obviously they don't like this being done but...she has also made it clear that you will receive three verbal warnings from front desk before proceeding with further repercussions. She is making me feel like I shouldn't worry too much about it but yet, keep things to myself I guess.
  • I used RSVP and they told me the same thing. The driver of the rental stuff just needs access to the freight elevator, which he gets himself. You don't have to do anything. They told me that too and they figured it out just fine themselves. Don't worry about it. They do it ALL. THE. TIME.
  • I love you, thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards