Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Would it be weird to contact the photographer?

I was a BM in my friend's wedding a few weeks ago, and during a couple slow songs I noticed the photographer's assistant taking some pictures of me and my boyfriend dancing. Would it be out of line for me to contact the photographer and see if he has those pictures and if I could pay for a copy? My BF and I are going on 3 years but we still don't have many pictures together, and all the ones my parents took of us turned out blurry.

He is a friend of the bride's family and I've met him a few times before, so I wouldn't necessarily feel awkward, I just don't know if it would be ok. And if I do, does it matter if I make the request before or after the bride gets her pictures?

Re: Would it be weird to contact the photographer?

• I don't think it would be inappropriate at all. Maybe talk to your friend (the Bride) to let her know that's something you are going to do, and ask her if she would be ok with that....you don't want her think that you got a sneak peek at her wedding photos before she did (just thinking you might want to have your bases covered). Maybe she already has a disc of all the proofs that you could look through before you contact the photog.
  • Thanks! I'll check with her first just to be safe.
  • astimmel said:

I was a BM in my friend's wedding a few weeks ago, and during a couple slow songs I noticed the photographer's assistant taking some pictures of me and my boyfriend dancing. Would it be out of line for me to contact the photographer and see if he has those pictures and if I could pay for a copy? My BF and I are going on 3 years but we still don't have many pictures together, and all the ones my parents took of us turned out blurry.

He is a friend of the bride's family and I've met him a few times before, so I wouldn't necessarily feel awkward, I just don't know if it would be ok. And if I do, does it matter if I make the request before or after the bride gets her pictures?

I would contact the bride first.  Our photographer sent us all of our photos on a disc, so if anyone wanted any photos I could easily send them the jpeg.  The photographer may also put them up on a site for the bride/groom to share and their guests would be able to order from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards