Knottie Tech Help

Spam on Plus Size

KP, the plus-size board is loaded with spam threads about streaming movies. Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Spam on Plus Size

• I paged them in one of the threads also.  THIS is why we needs mods.  It's 5pm pacific, and no one is going to deal with this until morning... and now we have a page and a half of spam.
  • Exactly. KP, I'd also like to point out that, TK claims to be monitoring the boards for this kind of thing-yet this clearly happened during office hours. I looked at that board this morning, and none of those were there. A few hours later, and bam. So much for monitoring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They probably think their "filters" should be catching it.
  • I paged for a god on Music, too. Someone there is spamming the board and res'ing threads over a year old with it. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • An increase in our spamming filters is planned for July after all communities are switched to the new platform.

I banned the IP address that created the accounts last night and sent a screen shot of the pages of spam to the tech team. Hoping that will make the process faster.
  • How do your spam filters work? Do they look for certain key words or a bunch of posting all at one? Or something else?
  • From what I understand it is a combination of both keywords and posting behavior plus another system that tech solely manages and can modify.
  • I think it's becoming more and more obvious that we need mods back, and sooner rather than later.
  • I wonder how many people still care to be a Mod.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I wonder how many people still care to be a Mod.
    If we had them I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated with this damn site.
  • From what I understand it is a combination of both keywords and posting behavior plus another system that tech solely manages and can modify.
    @KnotPorscha, does tech actually spend any time on the boards looking at what is getting past their 'filters', or do they only act upon what you or another KG send them to look at?  I think if someone from tech would actually spend time monitoring the boards, especially after hours and on weekends, they would see how well their filters aren't working and have a better idea of what they need to do to fix the problem. Or at the very least, someone from tech should monitor THIS board and we can help by directing them to every single freaking spam problem there is until they get it through their skulls that we have a problem.  Cause we'd do that for you if it has the potential to help.
  • @RebeccaB88 I really like your idea about having more assistance on this board and have passed it along. Right now tech is only acting on what we send them as they focus on switching over The Bump and The Nest to this platform this month.
  • @KnotPorscha, I get that for them to monitor all the boards here AND there it might be prohibitive. But if they just monitored this one, I think us regulars could dogpile enough work on them to get them to understand the magnitude of the problem. We're like that, you know.

I also think you have a lot on your plate, and could probably use some extra eyes and keyboards. ;)
  • @Lingerlonger1 I thought I included it in my response, but realize it was for another thread. sorry!

We are actively pushing for bug fixes to be solved before our other sites are updated. We want to make the transition for our other brands as smooth as possible after evaluating our TK member feedback on the boards.

A majority of our site problems are a priority for tech while they work on the next roll outs. The priority list includes items like the flagging system, mobile browser experience, post editor and public love-its. I can only ask that everyone continue to give feedback and be patient while we work on improving the community.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards