Ohio-Toledo

Newly engaged and looking for the ceremony/reception location(s)

Little about me and us: I am a simple, down to earth, easy to get along with, relaxed kind of girl. I come from a big close knit family that means the world to me. I have lived in Ohio all my life, split between growing up in Northeast Ohio and then college and staying in Northwest Ohio. My Fh and I met at someplace that we used to work at. Classic story of how I noticed him from afar but never really talked to him. Then one day many months later of just noticing each other, we started talking out of the blue and couldn't stop. That was a little over a year and a half ago. He proposed recently at Maumee Bay (it was absolutely perfect in so many ways). 
    Now: I am starting to gather ideas for where to hold our ceremony and our reception. We want a smaller intimate formal(ish) ceremony and then a larger casual relaxed reception. Target date is around July next year. I am looking for ideas of places that people may know of that I haven't thought of. We would like it closer to us in Port Clinton (the islands, sandusky, huron, vermilion, east lucas county, sandusky county, ottawa county are all in the consideration). Our budget will be on the low side, right now we are aiming for about 5000 total for everything. 
       The ceremony can be held in an old church or a park or I'd really love it by the lake. I think it would be around 50 people, mostly just family and really close friends.   
       For the reception I am looking for a place that we can bring in our own food, alcohol, and that we can set up games like ladder ball, volleyball, corn hole, etc. I'd like it to have an indoor space in case of weather. Right now the high number for the reception would be 150 people, probbaly less but i know it's best to go for high estimates.
      Anyone have any ideas? We just want our reception to show our fun, casual, relaxed side. We just want to be able to let our hair down and bring our families together. Thanks!

Re: Newly engaged and looking for the ceremony/reception location(s)

• The Millbury Firemen's Hall in Millbury (I've posted this for two other people already today and am starting to feel like their spokesperson!). 

We had our wedding their in 2009.  The price to rent the hall is very reasonable. The lady who does the bookings (my mom as of 2011) can give you the name of a caterer, cake lady, flower lady, chair lady, etc. Laverne (cake lady) makes amazing cakes and is RIDICULOUSLY priced because she does it out of her home and more as a hobby. We had about 150 people at the wedding as well. 

Call the number on their website and you can either leave a message or call the number on the recorder.  Rosemary is the booking agent and even if you don't go with the hall, she can give you the figures of what you'd spend there so you'd have a base for comparison. Good luck with your planning!
    http://millburyfirehall.com/hall-rental
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Btw - It's about 25 mintues or so from Maumee Bay
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not sure if this is too late, but if you're still looking for a ceremony site, check out W.W. Knight nature preserve.. Its not by the lake but the room looks out over the woods and a gorgeous pond! I actually plan on having my ceremony there in October. Good luck and congratulations!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_newly-engaged-and-looking-for-the-ceremonyreception-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:237Discussion:72667b80-7bc9-46d3-b4ae-0ccdac33838fPost:1def2247-35ca-4fb0-bf97-ce0ab899389f">Re:Newly engaged and looking for the ceremony/reception locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if this is too late, but if you're still looking for a ceremony site, check out W.W. Knight nature preserve.. Its not by the lake but the room looks out over the woods and a gorgeous pond! I actually plan on having my ceremony there in October. Good luck and congratulations!!
    Posted by shaliroselene[/QUOTE]

Did you have the ceremony and reception here??
  • I did not, we are having our reception about 15 min. away.  You could also do the reception there, however, it only holds approx. 100 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards