Wedding Etiquette Forum

My dad died.

2»

Re: My dad died.

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know how difficult his illness has been on you as I've been following your posts.  I'm glad you were able to be there with him in his final moments.  I was with my dad when he passed too.  Let yourself grieve however you need to.  I know it's always random things that knock me for a loop, like hearing a saying he used to use, rather than the holidays/birthdays.  
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm glad you were able to be there for his last moments.  I know it meant a lot to him.  
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Oh Gina, lots of love to you. Your story and pictures brought a few tears to my eye. It is wonderful you were with your dad. Again, lots of love and hugs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    I knew this would be coming one day, even though i don't know you this brought tears to my eyes. Your story touched my heart from the beginning. What a wonderful picture of you guys (but i expected you to look different for some reason lol). I hope you can find your peace now knowing he is free from pain. 
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • So sorry for you loss.  Your famiy is in my thoughts and prayers.
  • gina, im sorry for your loss.  my father died at 54 after a long illness and i completely understand how you are feeling right now.  hang in there.
  • That's beautiful - a very peaceful passing surrounded by loved ones, on HIS terms, with closure. You were able to be there, and I'm going to guess/hope that there were no regrets on anybody's part except for the wish that there had just been more time.

I wish you and your family comfort and peace, and that the healing comes in its own time.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Im soo very sorry for your loss! This brought tears to my eyes as I read it..You were blessed in a way, although Im sure it was painful, to be there with him when he passed and I love the picture of you two together!  Prayers up for you and your family
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards