North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Shower location for a farm-to-table bride.

Hi ladies!

I'm the MOH for a wedding in the Raleigh area this October.  I'm working on booking a place for the bridal shower, and was hoping I could get some recommendations.  The bride-to-be is very farm-to-table conscious, and I wanted to honor that when trying to think of places to hold her shower.  I was wondering if anyone could recommend places in the Raleigh/Durham area that focus on local/natural offerings.  I'm doing some research, and have asked the groom for some input as well so as to keep things a surprise for the bride, but I don't live in NC, and I'm not very familiar with the area.  Asking you all for personal recommendations seemed like a good idea.  I've polled moms and maids for suggestions, but we haven't come up with anything so far.  I really appreciate any suggestions that anyone has. 

Thanks so much!
Lindsey
So many weddings... Wedding Countdown Ticker
Artist formally known as lrmain, Bronze Knottie

Re: Shower location for a farm-to-table bride.

• First place that came to my mind is Zely & Ritz -- it's in the Glenwood South entertainment district (lots of restaurants/bars/etc) in downtown Raleigh. It's local and organic and the food is super creative. http://zelyandritz.com/
  • Just found an awesome website that may be of help to you: It's called Rustic wedding guide. Here's the link for NC locations: http://guide.rusticweddingchic.com/north-carolina/wedding-venues-nc. I have been to events at the angus barn, and I know it's a nice place and the food is great!
    18 Seaboard in Raleigh has awesome food and is a very nice venue!
    Also, check out The Cotton Room in Durham or Shady Wagon farm in New Hill-never been but they look very rustic and elegant. 
    Hope this helps!:)
  • Thanks for all of the great suggestions, ladies!  Checking all of these out.  Really appreciate it!
    So many weddings... Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Artist formally known as lrmain, Bronze Knottie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards