New Jersey

Average price of full length, chiffon bridesmaid dresses

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to pick you brains for some designer and/or store suggestions for bridesmaid dresses...

I really want the girls to wear floor length chiffon dresses (in an emerald green) but worried they are going to be too pricey and I'll feel guilty asking them to pay the cost. Does anyone know how much these would cost on average? Dessy has some I like (www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/2896/?color=PANTONE Emerald&colorid=1254) but can't find prices anywhere...I'd love any suggestions!!!

Re: Average price of full length, chiffon bridesmaid dresses

• Check out Pearl's Place (pearlsplace.com) They are a brick and mortar store in Louisiana, but they will ship anywhere, and their prices are much lower than in our local stores.

The dresses we chose were in the store for $209, and Pearl's Place had them for $130. Huge difference, in my eyes.

It's worth making a call to see the price to compare. Shipping was $20 tho ship ALL dresses to one address. The only negative is that the girls need to find their own seamstress if they need alterations, but that isn't that big of a deal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Check out Weddington Way. They're an online bridesmaid dress store based out of CA. They carry the Dessy lines, Alfred Angelo, and a few others. They list the prices of the Dessy gowns.
  • Have you looked into David's Bridal? I used them for my bridesmaids dresses and they have a very large selection of dresses and the prices were reasonable.
  • Check out Weddington Way. They're an online bridesmaid dress store based out of CA. They carry the Dessy lines, Alfred Angelo, and a few others. They list the prices of the Dessy gowns.
    I love playing on Weddington Way - but DO NOT order from there. The prices are way marked up. Pick out what you like, but then go to Bridesmaids.com and place your order through them. They have an actual store, Here Comes the Bridesmaids, in NYC if you want to go see in person. But you can also just order online and the online rates are great.
  • Just as a point of reference, this After Six chiffon gown

Is $236 on WeddingtonWay

http://www.weddingtonway.com/products/after-six-6639-bridesmaid-dress?sku=sx-6639-pantone-emerald

It's $165 on Bridesmaids.com

http://www.bridesmaids.com/aftersix6639.html
  • Thanks so much - that is VERY helpful! Are the dresses on bridesmaids.com definitely authentic? I know there are always a lot of warnings about copycat sites with less-than-perfect quality.

• AmandaNWP said:
    Thanks so much - that is VERY helpful! Are the dresses on bridesmaids.com definitely authentic? I know there are always a lot of warnings about copycat sites with less-than-perfect quality.

Totally, they are the real deal/licensed retailers of the brands - not knock-offs or anything like that. I just bought a dress from them actually. Where do you live? I would go in to their NYC showroom and have a look for yourself. It isn't glam, but it's super easy way to shop and the sales associates are helpful without being pushy.
  • @LavenderHoneyBee, thanks for the info about the Weddington way mark-up! I've just been using it to play around too, and got a few free swatches from there.
  • @silver0319 no problemo! I think a lot of people don't know that almost ALL stores will give you a discount for buying the dresses in bulk (you know, for all your maids). So the weddingtonway prices are the "list" prices, but they offer zero discount while every other store, and even Bridesmaids.com, will give you a much better price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards