Colorado

Outdoor Ceremony/Indoor Reception ideas

We are sort of late to the planning game and wanted something in the mtns-budget wise not over 10K- about 50-80 people---in Sept--- any good ideas---Vail first choice--Donavan is already booked--don't want an all indoors venue since the mtns are too gorgeous to be hidden! I know Estes has a ton but looking for something off the beaten path maybe the average person wouldn't know about without already getting married or  better references than I!
Thanks!
Kelly 

Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Indoor Reception ideas

• Larkspur seems to be nice and slightly less expensive than a lot of the other spots. If you are really adventurous you could do a wedding out in one of the national parks and then find a reception spot at a restaurant, which would save a ton of money. Good luck! I'm in the same situation as you and trying to find exactly the same thing! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_outdoor-ceremonyindoor-reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:632Discussion:4537410b-e0c3-4a73-9a6a-4af5c7c7d11aPost:abc9f08a-a07a-4909-a244-45864682d633">Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Indoor Reception ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Larkspur seems to be nice and slightly less expensive than a lot of the other spots. If you are really adventurous you could do a wedding out in one of the national parks and then find a reception spot at a restaurant, which would save a ton of money. Good luck! I'm in the same situation as you and trying to find exactly the same thing! 
    Posted by karen44[/QUOTE]
    Thanks--I am at my wits end almost nothing is left for 2013-good luck to you too--I looked at parks--they are mostly booked on all Sats through Oct--
  • we are getting married Friday, 9/13/13, which I think is a reason we are actually finding things that aren't reserved.

This last week my future sister in law that lives there has been doing a ton of checking for sites. Have you tried Minturn (little Beach park)? They have a place with an amphitheater that can be booked they also have a place shown in their pictures where you can just walk up for free and get married. I'm not sure how you feel about that though as I was a little weirded out by not having a plan that is booked with someone. There are also some decks in Beavercreek that you can do the same thing. She said that she heard from one of the locals that people do that frequently, you just need to pay for the lift tickets, which may be a lot if you have a big party.

Pines lodge is another good option too, I've been talking with them and they are very nice.

Last place we are talking to is Mirabelle at Beaver Creek...super nice and they have reception spots for sure, can't remember what the deal with their ceremony spot was. 

Good luck! 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_outdoor-ceremonyindoor-reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:632Discussion:4537410b-e0c3-4a73-9a6a-4af5c7c7d11aPost:a7ead301-9515-452b-bb96-c809307c4804">Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Indoor Reception ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Indoor Reception ideas : Thanks--I am at my wits end almost nothing is left for 2013-good luck to you too--I looked at parks--they are mostly booked on all Sats through Oct--
    Posted by gretamarie12[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado_outdoor-ceremonyindoor-reception-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:632Discussion:4537410b-e0c3-4a73-9a6a-4af5c7c7d11aPost:11fc9ff8-df47-4a78-9910-5e8bbafe5fc0">Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Indoor Reception ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]we are getting married Friday, 9/13/13, which I think is a reason we are actually finding things that aren't reserved. This last week my future sister in law that lives there has been doing a ton of checking for sites. Have you tried Minturn (little Beach park)? They have a place with an amphitheater that can be booked they also have a place shown in their pictures where you can just walk up for free and get married. I'm not sure how you feel about that though as I was a little weirded out by not having a plan that is booked with someone. There are also some decks in Beavercreek that you can do the same thing. She said that she heard from one of the locals that people do that frequently, you just need to pay for the lift tickets, which may be a lot if you have a big party. Pines lodge is another good option too, I've been talking with them and they are very nice. Last place we are talking to is Mirabelle at Beaver Creek...super nice and they have reception spots for sure, can't remember what the deal with their ceremony spot was.  Good luck!  In Response to Re: Outdoor Ceremony/Indoor Reception ideas :
    Posted by karen44[/QUOTE]<div>Thanks--all good ideas--I am going to Estes this weekend to look into a few lower priced places---but I will keep those in mind too!

</div>
  • You might try Evergeen or Boulder.  There are some really nice mountain-ish places near there.  I'm attaching a link for Brook Forest Inn, in Evergeeen.  Good luck and best wishes.

http://www.thebrookforestinn.com/weddings.html
  • Have you checked Piney River Ranch? We just recently booked our wedding there for Sept 19th. I don't know if they had Saturdays though...
  • Oh I am all booked now for marys Lake Lodge at Estes--its beautiful!!!
    THX! Sept 14th! coming fast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards