Wedding Invitations & Paper

Cards and Pockets.com

Has anyone ever used cardsandpockets.com for their wedding invitations?  I love that I can either do everything myself and just order all the pieces or have them do everything for me.  I'm just looking for some feedback.

Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cards and Pockets.com

• We got all of our invitation stuff from C&P. They are very reasonably priced and their products are good quality. The only thing is that if you are designing your own and having them print I'd start ahead of schedule. It took FOREVER for us to get the files sent and correct (you email them and they approve or tell you what to fix) in time or us to get our samples. Then we had to do ANOTHER set of samples since we changed alot. If I did it again, I'd still use them, but I'd have started sooner.
  • I agree with the PP. We used them for the printing, paper, and envelopes and couldn't be happier. It did take a little while b/c of all the back and forth, but we had the time and I would rather work with people that take the time to make sure the final prodcut is perfect.
    We also ordered samples and it was worth the money!

Our invites look great and we couldn't be happier! I would totally use them again!
  • I used them, but only for the supplies (ALL my envelopes, save the date supplies, invite paper, & pocketfolds) since I did the printing on my own (well...I am in the middle of it today). I've been completely satisfied with everything I bought. I ordered single samples a while back, which I would highly recommend. Shipping is super cheap also.
  • I ordered all the paper, pocketfolds, etc. for my invites from them but had the cutting and printing done somewhere else. They had great customer service; especially when I ordered an entire ream of cardstock in the wrong color and needed to return it :)
  • I got my envelopes [the crystal color is amazing--creamish, but shimmery and super pretty!] and pocketfolds from C&P, and looooove them! 

Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • edited July 2012
    I would also recommend ordering samples--we were between two colors for the pocketfolds, ordered samples, and were happy we did. The colors were pretty different from what they looked like online.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • I ordered samples of paper, do you ladies recommend ordering samples in each item we need or are the sheets of paper good enough?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you are going to print them yourself, you should order the test print kit first (which I unfortunately did not do).  I had a heck of a time trying to print on the RSVP size and enclosure size.  My printer just would not accept that small of a size. 

So I returned the unopened packages and ordered full size 8-1/2" x 11" that I was able to easily print on (RSVPs 4 to a page; enclosures 3 to a page).  C&P were great regarding the return and reorder.
  • i ordered from

http://www.invitationsbydawn.com
    they were priced well and i got them back soon!! very happy

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_cards-and-pocketscom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8ae94531-4855-4c4d-be45-ca6e8d3b7cc2Post:e284943b-fa25-4d5a-92a3-967049ff4f0a">Re: Cards and Pockets.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are going to print them yourself, you should order the test print kit first (which I unfortunately did not do).  I had a heck of a time trying to print on the RSVP size and enclosure size.  My printer just would not accept that small of a size.  So I returned the unopened packages and ordered full size 8-1/2" x 11" that I was able to easily print on (RSVPs 4 to a page; enclosures 3 to a page).  C&P were great regarding the return and reorder.
    Posted by twotimemob[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We are going to order the test print kit, but first we wanted to go through the colors. We have time before we need the invitations, but since this appears like it is going to be a huge DIY project, we want to start a bit earlier than later so we aren't stressed about it.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used C&P and found that my printers didn't work well on the cream colored paper. I ended up buying cream cardstock from Crane & Co. and using a color laser (which in retrospect would probably have worked fine on the C&P paper).

I did get C&P for my mattes, pockets, and envelopes.
    planning

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_cards-and-pocketscom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8ae94531-4855-4c4d-be45-ca6e8d3b7cc2Post:a3660e25-8763-4fda-94b6-b8f372dcac94">Re: Cards and Pockets.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]i ordered from <a href="http://www.invitationsbydawn.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.invitationsbydawn.com</a> they were priced well and i got them back soon!! very happy
    Posted by ray kris[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks!  I checked it out and liked the prices, but I didn't fully look at eveything yet.  Hopefully I will be able to tonight.  </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think what I'm worried about the most is printing everything myself.  I'm def concerned that the printers we have won't work, though my FI assures me that his printer can print card stock.  I guess we could always go to Staples to have them printed if we need to.

Thanks for you help ladies!

Any other input would be great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_cards-and-pocketscom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8ae94531-4855-4c4d-be45-ca6e8d3b7cc2Post:2173f299-bf27-429d-a906-61b871cbe6e7">Re: Cards and Pockets.com</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think what I'm worried about the most is printing everything myself.  I'm def concerned that the printers we have won't work, though my FI assures me that his printer can print card stock.  I guess we could always go to Staples to have them printed if we need to. Thanks for you help ladies! Any other input would be great!
    Posted by mpaone24[/QUOTE]

<div>I would do a test run with their paper and see if your printer can do it well. A good back up is always having C&P print for you. Like I said before, they did for our's and turned out amazing. It was just more time consuming than we originally thought.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards