November 2013 Weddings

Invites are ordered. Ah!

I'm so excited! We had three rounds of proofs before we got it right. But now we are good to go. Our invites are pretty plain and traditional, in a dark plum ink, the long Catholic mass wording, etc. We ordered from a local paper shop and my mom's coworker is going to do the calligraphy for a really great price.

Where did everyone else do invites? I just got our thank you's which I bought in Vistaprint. They're really sweet. I just love paper products haha. I'm already thinking of what our first Christmas card should look like. I have saved almost every wedding invitation I've ever gotten :) I love looking back at them.

Are yours ordered? Where did you look? If we hasn't gone with what we picked, I was really into the "dreamy scrolls" invite on wedding paper divas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
pinterest, obvi.

Re: Invites are ordered. Ah!

• We got ours last month from Weddingpaperdivas. The pattern is being discontinued so we jumped on them. They have a purple bow on the top.

I just got simple thank yous from target for our showers but will use one of our wedding pictures for wedding thank yous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yeah I used basic ones for shower thank you's but I got really excited doing custom ones that I plan on using for the wedding. Didn't want to wait for our wedding pictures for them but we did have a pic put on the back of the cards :) looking forward to a "just married" Christmas card though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Our photographer will have our shots to us within 2 weeks (and some sneak peek shots the next day) so we will have enough time to rush order thank yous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We just picked ours up!  I love them so much.  We also ordered from a local shop, which felt good.  Their prices were really decent, even after I looked online and compared.
  • We got our invitations at the beginning of June. I had them designed through a local shop called The Chandlery. They are very simple yet elegant. We love them because they really set the tone for our wedding. I ordered our Accommodation cards yesterday so those should be in next week and I will probably start assembling and sending them off to our caligrapher within the month.

We plan to do a photo with our Thank Yous as well so we are waiting on rush ordering those until after the wedding. I have a box of cute Thank you notes for Bridal Showers to give in the meantime.
  • We also did Wedding Paper Divas. We had gone to a really cute store in the Bay Area and I found some I loved but they were SO expensive! The whole set of invites, menus, programs and everything was much cheaper than just those other invitations alone and I think they look great. I am addressing them myself since I only have 36.  I can't wait to send them out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards