Nevada-Las Vegas

Timeline to order invites?

Well I noticed Sunni mentioned in a different thread that she paid her deposit for her invites and it got me wondering when I should order mines? I'm 10 months away..opinions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Timeline to order invites?

• We are ordering ours at the 9 month mark (later this month). Im getting them shipped to my mum in Canada and we are going to assemble them on my scouting trip so that I can mail them out to guests 6 months in advance.

Our etsy vendor mentions 8 weeks to design and print - then postage. Im sure you can wait a bit longer if you are sending invites out later.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Oh wow then maybe I should start looking since it can take 8 weeks! Good to know :)
  • Which invites are you getting Valerie?

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I have no idea I haven't even began looking! My sons 2nd birthday just passed so the last few weeks I was busy planning his party but I'm focusing on the wedding now that his party is done with. Im on etsy right now :) which invites are you going with?
  • Valerie, did you send Save The Dates? If so, you probably have some flexibility in sending the invites. My six month mark is soon, and I hope to send out my invites sometime this summer. Sent out save the dates around 10 month mark.
    I ordered my invites from Zazzle but am going to get some enclosures from Vista Print I think. I like to coordinate but mix-and-match. The Zazzle invites I think I received in a week or so give or take.
  • mnuppmnupp member
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Geez, I wasn't even engaged at 10 months out! ;)
    Agree about sending save-the-dates as early as possible, then you can be flexible with invitations. If you're getting married in May 2014 (which I think is 10 months from now), I might send in January so that it doesn't get caught up in holiday mail/Christmas planning and get lost. Meaning I wouldn't stress about ordering them until the fall, but that's just me. :)
  • I'm in Cali just like you, and have family that needed to make arrangements coming from Colorado, Oregon,  New Hampshire, and So Cal. I think anything before 7 months is too soon, guests may lose the invite's and bug you for the details once it gets closer. I would suggest sending them no sooner than the 5 month mark  If you sent STD's i think that's enough for your guests to start planning there flights/hotels. For weddings near home the suggested mailing is 6-8 wks ahead of time. We sent out invites 3.5 months before our Wedding with an RSVP date 8 wks before the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea All of my dads family is coming from Colorado and everyone else is from los Angeles ..I'm probably going to send them out around early October
  • Yeah I placed my deposit which starts the process working on wording, materials, colors and so forth with the vendor then it takes about 8 weeks to receive.  I am then sending the envelopes off to have them nicely addressed (can't recall what she's called at the moment lol) which takes another few weeks.  I am looking at sending my invitations out at the beginning of October with RSVP date of February 1st.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards