Wisconsin

Caterers in Milwaukee

Looking for advice on caterers in Milwaukee.  Anyone have good/bad experiences?

Re: Caterers in Milwaukee

• I was looking for low prices as my key deciding factor and chose Bunzel's.  They were able to do an Italian buffet for under $10/person.  They were fantastic in working out a menu & in service.  The food was good, but nothing I'd rave about.  It fit the bill for what we were seeking!
  • Skyline Catering in Cudahy is great to work with. I ended up not using them but had a really good experience when I was getting quotes.

I am going with Lee Johns. Don't be scared off by their prices they are willing to work with you and your budget. Their food is AMAZING!

I was least impressed with Zilli's - it just didn't have a personalized feel because they are so huge.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Check out Zilli's Lake & Garden in dowtown Milwaukee. Coast restaurant and the Miller Room is part of this area right on Wisconsin Ave. You can see the lake, Milwaukee Art Museum, and Pier Wisconsin. We have been to several events cater by  Zilli's from friends' weddings to corporate events. We also attended their Mother's Day brunch this past May. YUMMY! Every time we were at these events we meet a Zilli family member one or two. There must be at least a dozen of the family involved in the business.

We have started visiting the caters to choose for our wedding and by far Zilli's has been number 1 on our list. They have been thorough, replying in good time, and great service.

Good Luck!

• We are using Zilli's at the Miller Room and I am blown away by their service.  It's amazing.  They food was exceptional when we did a tasting and the customer service is by far better than any other venue we considered looking at.  We've dropped in unannounced serveral times to show family/wedding party members the room and our coordinator Candy Zilli knew exactly who we were and took time to answer any questions we would have.  Really impressive she remembered us and our date when you consider how many upcoming events they have going on.  Zilli's has also been really great substituting menu items we wanted and finding certain beers for us with minimal to no upcharges. 

They have also catered graduation parties and corporate events for us and I couldn't speak highly enough about their service. 

• Chef Jack's in Waukesha was awesome! We had so many people comment about how the food was like something you'd order at a restaurant...hot and delicious! Depending on your budget, they may be a little high but they are great to work with, good at communicating and they have a smaller office which makes it easier to be in touch. They also offer a tasting to up to 4 people I think and you literally get served an entire meal...without booking!  Also, when my husband and I got to the reception hall, they got us whatever we wanted to drink, put our bags away and gave us A+ service. I would definitely recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards