Chit Chat

What are YOU doing over the holiday?

VERY excited to be going camping over the holiday with my 2 oldest girls, their men-folk, and 4 of my 6 grandchildren. The husband and son are staying home. I would give my right arm to videocam DS while I am away. Yes, he IS a great young man, but he is an incredibly talented DORK! If there was a show called, "So you think you are a Dork" he would win, hands down. (and he would be very proud of that.  He nurtures his dorkiness) He is looking forward to me being gone til Sunday and his father working 3 of the 4 days I am gone. Something about practicing his Risky Business moves while we are gone. He's gonna run right into the wall...

Re: What are YOU doing over the holiday?

• We're not half as fun as you. We might go to a friend's ranch to watch fireworks. Mostly I think I'll be processing some birds for a friend.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• This is the first time in years I've done something for the holiday.  I am so sick of being bored and being at home (DH is perfectly content as a hermit).  I'm gonna go have some fun with waterguns and glow necklaces.  My fun meter is pegged, and easily so.
  • I'm getting my car serviced.  I got in on a special invitation-only deal at a place I like for an oil and filter change and 29 point check for $17.76.  Sometimes it pays to be on the email list.

I think my mom is making food too.  I'll get to see my family on the 6th.
  • On the holiday itself, we're just going to a local day-carnival, with fireworks finishing off the night. Friday morning we pick up early and head to Arizona (about 6 hours away). First stop is my best friend's house. She had a baby about 3 weeks ago, and we're going to go visit with her for a day. Saturday afternoon we head further into Arizona to FI's best friend's house for his birthday. Sunday morning we make the long trek back home...with the rest of California who will also be returning from their Arizonian holidays.

Should be tiring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We skipped the fireworks last night, though some kids were shooting some off in the park behind our house.  It's too hot to do anything right now, other than wish for AC.  My parents had us over Sunday for BBQ though, and beers on the patio which was awesome

• I have to work, of course. Hopefully I'll have some free time to watch some fireworks.
  • The "big city" in my area celebrates tomorrow night so that it doesn't take away from each town celebrating on the 4th itself.  FI and I are in a community band that always plays downtown, so we've got that going on!  After that (either that night or the next morning), we're going to go visit his parents and brothers!  I can't wait!
  • @FierceFemme yay yay yay! I haven't been around much, so I'm just reading this. Thrilled for you!

We're hoping to go on FI's parents boat with them since it's supposed to finally be nice out- we've been having some serious rain and it's making me drag. Other than that, we avidly avoid to crowd. 
  • We're going to my parents' place for grilling, fireworks, and my favorite cover band. I also am taking Friday off work, which is awesome.
  • Mostly, assembling invitations. I might also whip up a holiday dinner: grilled sausages, top with peppers and onions, wash down with beer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are going to a BBQ and seeing fireworks tomorrow night.  I have to work on Friday, otherwise we will be working on our backyard FI is installing pavers in the backyard.

Anniversary

• I don't know if we are doing anything.  We have talked about taking the canoe and going to a lake but it will be really crowded, so IDK what we are doing.  Maybe a hike, I would just like to get out of the heat.  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• We are going to a bbq on Thursday... very low key. Friday, well... we are getting legally married.  And Saturday is my birthday. So, we got a dog sitter and we are going on a little staycation. We got a hotel about 40 minutes from home and we are just going to spend some quality time together.  Sort of like a birthday present and legal marriage honeymoon.  :)
    Yay!!!
  • J is gone for work, so it's just me here as usual. Either our friends are not hosting anything or I wasn't invited, so I'll be spending the day working on teaching applications. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Well today is my Friday so I am super happy about that.  Over this nice long weekend I will be getting some much needed running in as well as doing a bit of laundry and house cleaning.  H and I may go car shopping and I have a phone interview on Friday that I am excited/anxious/nervous about.  Other then that not much else planned which is fine with me.

• H's birthday is Saturday and I have a surprise party planned for him.  I don't think he knows.  He thinks were just having a family BBQ, but I have some surprises for him, like his favorite foods, cake, and his favorite beer.  I also invited his friends to attend without him knowing.  It should be a good time.

We'll be staying in tomorrow and I'll be working around the house Friday while H is at work.  Today is my Friday as well!  I'm hoping they will let us out a little early today to get the holiday weekend started.  They did the same for Memorial Day, but I got stuck at work helping another co-worker try to meet the Fed Ex deadline because the materials HAD to go out. 

• KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Today is my Friday.

This afternoon - meeting old friends for Happy Hour.
    Tomorrow - not quite sure yet...may end up at the beach and then out on the boat for fireworks.
    Friday - housecleaning/packing
    Saturday & Sunday - going to see my family and have a BBQ there.  Will be about 50 people!
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Every third of July, we go to a family friend's house for a huge potluck/grill out and a private fireworks show, so we will be doing that tonight. On the 4th, we will be going to a grill out at another friend's house. On Friday, we are going to see Tim McGraw at Summerfest. H's little sister will be staying with us for the weekend after that.
  • Going to our lake house with lots of family and weather forecast is 100% chance of rain    :(
    Oh well, big porch, lots of good food and will play games
  • We'll go to see the local fireworks tonight. Other than that, nothing special.

It's been hot and humid here for a few weeks, so we haven't been keeping up with our yard work, so that's what we'll be doing this weekend. 

• My aunt and cousin are coming up for my shower on Saturday and i am just so excited to see everybody! Probably going to be going out for dinner and margaritas.
  • Nothing exciting-- BBQ at home and its also my MIL's birthday so we will just hang with family.  My BIL & SIL were supposed to come up but now they cannot so we are a little bummed.  BUT we will take advantage of the long weekend. Its been a crazy busy week and its hotter than hell here right now (105--but in a shop it feels like 110) so we are just happy that we will be closed until Monday when it will back in the low 90s.  All I want is to hang out in our Air Conditioned house!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards