Pre-wedding Parties

FMIL at Bachelorette Parties...

edited July 2013 in Pre-wedding Parties

How does everyone feel about this? I've always pictured BPs with close friends of the bride- what about mom's and FMILs?

Re: FMIL at Bachelorette Parties...

•  I think it depends on what kind of women they are and what kind of party you're having. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Not my style. I did do a separate "bachelorette" night with my mom, FMIL, and two FSIL's (both about 10 years older than me). We went to The Cheesecake Factory and to a comedy club.

My regular bachelorette was only my WP and a few close friends.

• AddieL73 said:
     I think it depends on what kind of women they are and what kind of party you're having. 

This.  If the party involves, say, male strippers or other risque things and the mothers are very conservative types, then it doesn't make sense to invite them. 
  • kiddodarlingkiddodarling member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013

For the BP I'm planning, we are going to do lunch with the FMIL and the MOB, then afterwards they'll go home and we'll go do our crazy stuff for the rest of the day.

If you don't want to upset your mom or FMIL you could do something like that.

Edited for grammer

• I agree with kiddodarling. If there's a portion appropriate for them to attend you can invite them for a portion. Chances are they won't want to attend the wild parts anyway! Otherwise, the bride can spend time with the parents separately.
  • up to you.  One of my friends did a mother/daughter spa day for her bachelorette party (her sister was the MOH/host) and it was a lot of fun.  And then us "younger" girls went to dinner/ and a fun bar that evening (with our moms in tow!).

Anniversary
  • Im from TX so I'm planning on doing my b-party down there- she asked to come which just threw me off guard- I've always pictured it as a close friends only type event- but I'm her MOH in her upcoming wedding and I would hate to hurt her as we do have a fairly close relationship. Made further complicated by the fact that FI's dad is going to his b-party in Key West so it may be somewhat expected? I would love to do something separate with the moms but since we'll be in TX unless she comes to the whole thing I think that might be a bit awkward...I have time to think about it I was just curious what other people's general thoughts were but as Addie pointed out...every situation is so different...

• You're fine. B-parties aren't required or expected so if you're offered one and the moms are invited, have fun.

Anniversary

• A lot of the ones I've gone to have been weekend long over overnight affairs. My cousin invited all my aunts to the beach during the day and to dinner, but they stayed home when we went out at night. 

I'd probably invite my FMIL during the day for mine (I think we'll just have a day outside in the sun on the water) but not at night. Know your friends too though, I wouldn't want mine saying anything embarrassing about me in front of her.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards