Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Affordable Cake Baker and Ideas

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any cake recommendations for my Boston wedding. What should I expect to pay for a cake for 200 people? Does anyone have any affordable options besides cupcakes? I really like the idea of the whole wedding cake thing. Thanks, K.

Re: Affordable Cake Baker and Ideas

• Options
    Hey! I'm not sure of specific bakers myself, but most of the prices I'm being quoted are around 6$ per serving.  So a cake big enough for 200 people would be $1200, but that was at a wedding cake shop in Andover I believe.  If you're trying to be budget friendly, you could ask your local grocery store? I know it seems weird but they do do wedding cakes, and they're actually pretty good.  Good luck. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We are using Lyndell's bakery in Ball Square, Somerville. They are a wonderful family owned bakery that has been in the area since the 1870s, and the cake is absolutely delicious! We were able to get a cake to feed 175 for around $550. They have lots of wonderful options, and allowed us to have 4 different flavor combinations in the different layers, so it's like having a dessert bar at a fraction of the cost, and you get to support a local business! Good luck!
  • Options
    Our cake is coming from Cakeology.  They do gorgeous cakes, vegan and non-vegan. They are really nice and they don't charge by the slice, which is a weird thing anyway.  They just charge by the size of the cake.
  • Options
    Hi Krissy!
    I'm a pastry chef in Cambridge, and I'm venturing off and opening my own bakery, Brown Butter Bakery. I'd be happy to offer my services if you're looking for a cake. I usually charge $4/person for a simple buttercream wedding cake, but I could certainly work with you if you're on a budget. A great way to save some money is to do a tiered cake with "dummy" layers (decorated styrofoam) and then have a sheet cake to serve your guests. Shoot me an email if you'd like to discuss it more. I can send you some photos of past cakes in my portfolio.
    Take care,
    Jess
    jessicalloyd@gmail.com
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards