Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Dry Wedding..on invitation?

Hi all! Any advice on whether or not I should put on the invitation that we are having a dry wedding? A lot of people attending the wedding are sober, including the groom and I, but there's a good amount of people who aren't. Should I say something? Thanks in advance!

Re: Dry Wedding..on invitation?

• Options
    Nope, no need to.  If you want, you can spread the info through word of mouth, so guests aren't surprised (if dry weddings are uncommon in your circle), but this isn't required either.  Honestly, it just opens up the potential that people will be bringing in flasks or bringing alcohol to drink in the parking lot.  
  • Options
    Ditto everything Libby said.
  • Options
    Ditto to the part about people bringing a flask. Don't mention it.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mention it.  It can lead to people criticizing your hospitality before they ever avail themselves of it, or to sneaking alcohol in for themselves.
  • Options
    This question comes up a lot, and don't know why people worry they need to let their guests know this. I feel like wanting to let guests know means you feel like you need to apologize for it or something. Nobody ever feels the need to announce there WILL be booze there; why would it need announced that there WON'T be?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I wondered the same thing a while back, since I'm having a dry wedding too.  We've just been telling people that it's dry if it comes up in conversation.  Other than that, we haven't gone out of our way to let people know.  So far so good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards