Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Upbeat non-traditional ceremony music help

Ok so I'm an upbeat person and our wedding ceremony will be anything but typical. It's on the rooftop near sunset in downtown. Also, I will be 7 months pregnant and huge. i really want the overall feel of the wedding to be like us: fun and easygoing and playful. I've been reading up on music suggestions and so far i love the idea of "here comes the sun" by the beatles for my song for down the aisle and "this will be (an everlasting love)" for the recessional". here's my questions
  1. do you think that's too cheesy?
  2. do they fit together?
  3. can you think of a processional song to match that feel?
  4. can you think of pre-wedding music to fit the vibe? i have some ideas but want more! 

Re: Upbeat non-traditional ceremony music help

• Good song choices, I personally couldn't use "this will be" because it reminds me too much of the dating commercials for eharmony.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • my friend is also using "here comes the sun"... I suggested to her to use another beatles songs since there is a large selection and could find many happy songs that flow. What about "Blackbird"?
  • My BMs will be walking in to the Boyce Avenue version of Teenage Dream.  I love it because it's beautiful, original, and upbeat, but still "wedding appropriate." 
  • Beatles are always a great choice! Some of their other upbeat, happy songs:

In My Life (slower)
    All You Need is Love (great recessional!)
    Hello, Goodbye
    All My Loving

Some similar-era music that flows with these, for a slower prelude:
    Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis)
    Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Elton John)
    I'll Stand By You (Pretenders)
    Just Called to Say I Love You (Stevie Wonder)
    Wonderful Tonight (Eric Clapton)
    You Are So Beautiful (Joe Cocker)
    What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)

For a carefree, happy postlude, just go wild and pick your favorite music!
    I've heard I'm A Believer (from Shrek), Call Me Maybe, Marry You (Bruno Mars), All the Small Things (Blink 182), Viva la Vida (Coldplay), Don't Stop Believing (Journey)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards