Nevada-Las Vegas

Snacks on the DDB.

I am getting married at 1p and the dinner is not until 7p.  I am doing a 3 hour DDB tour in between.  Any idea for snacks on the bus?  We will also be stopping in Fremont Street is there easy food there that people could grab quick?

The only idea I have so far is Pick your Poison cupcakes.  They can deliver to the bus before it picks us up.  But we will be having desert later in the evening so that might be too much sweets. 

Re: Snacks on the DDB.

• I was planning on dropping off some crisps (chips!) and nuts off to the DDB when I drop off the drinks so there will be some small snacks for our guests, although as our ceremony isn't until 3pm and dinner is at 6pm, I'm hoping that people will have had lunch before the ceremony and so won't need much to eat - our reception is at a buffet so I don't want people to fill up on snacks!

I know you have doubts about too much sweet stuff but cupcakes does sound like a very good idea!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • We are doing light apps and drinks at our ceremony venue before the DDB so that guests get some food into them before they start drinking on the bus.

Also making sure Maggianos has apps ready to go pretty soon at the reception. Im worried about the 2 hour DDB and 4 hour open bar. So I think snacks are a great idea.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• i would make sure you notify your guests to eat lunch before the bus. cus your guests are going to be very hungry that many hours away.  Mine were starving cus they had to be at the chapel at 10:45am and lunch wasn't until 12:30, i think most of them skipped breakfast thou so that didn't help. I would maybe order a few pizza's for the bus, or like you suggested grab some quick bite's when you stop at Freemont. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't think food was allowed on the DDB's?

• I would seriously reconsider a six-hour gap between the wedding and reception. Why is it so long?
  • Would highly recommend double checking with the DDB company as I don't think food is allowed on the bus.  

Depending on traffic, you may not have time for your guests to find food at Fremont Street either.  We were only able to spend about 20 minutes there before we had to head back to the strip during our 3 hour tour.

As pp mentions, a six hour gap is a really long time and it might be a more pleasant experience for your guests to move your ceremony back a couple of hours, or provide a cocktail hour with apps prior to your bus tour.
  • True story.  I confirmed with DDB.  There are no snacks or food allowed.
  • Thats what I was told too

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ah, that's a shame! I was sure I'd seen someone saying they had snacks on the bus. Will have to ensure my guests have lunch before the ceremony then!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Or you could move things so you don't have that gigantic gap. I'd be so bored and annoyed if I had to hang out in my party clothes for six hours before going to the reception. Even three-hour gaps are too much.
  • I wouldnt be 'bored and annoyed' if I was on a DDB doing a tour of the strip at the wedding of someone I cared for.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• No, that part would be fun, but it's only a small chunk of the gap. What are they supposed to do for the other three hours?
  • Wrigleyville - I left the gaps (which don't total 3 hours, the ceremony starts at 1pm plus pictures) for people to use the bathroom, return to their room to freshen (guests and events are at Caesers), because nothing goes on time, and because CP is so huge that it takes 15 minutes just to get anywhere.  If people are "bored and annoyed"  in Vegas for a couple extra minutes, then that's their problem. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards