New Hampshire

Wedding Recap and Reviews

We got married May 18th at Cruiseport Gloucester and it was an amazing day!  Everything went perfectly!

Reviews
Cruiseport Gloucester: A+
The venue was amazing and such a find!  I can't believe what I got for the money and the staff was incredible.  I never had to think about a thing on the wedding day- they handled everything.  Never heard the word no- they did everything I asked and more.  Also, there was not a single hidden fee or cost- all costs are included in their upfront prices including taxes and gratuity.  My only complaint was that I did have a hard time getting them to respond to emails until I complained.

Vinwood Catering: A+++
No complaints.  The food was incredible- best wedding food ever.  They created a completely customized menu that incorporated food from my husband's Indian background for no extra cost.  The guests could not stop raving about the food.  It also looked as amazing as it tasted!

Harrington Flowers: A++++++
I can't say enough wonderful things about Brad Harrington.  There could not possibly be a better florist in the area.  His creativity, workmanship, passion, and diligence is unmatched.  He created nothing short of art and completely transformed my wedding decor.  He stayed the entire day to make sure that all the flowers were set and reset correctly.  While he was setting up, he noticed an empty table in the entrance to the ceremony room and created another arrangement for it, free of charge, because he couldn't leave the space incomplete.

Melissa Robin Photography: A+
Incredible work.  Never noticed she was there- had no idea she was taking all those pictures, but she got amazing shots.  Another true artist and such a sweetheart.  

DJ Tony Cappello: B
He did his job in that everyone danced and had a great time.  He played awesome music, knew how the get the party going, and read the crowd well.  I had several issues though.  He had agreed to show up at 4 so that he would be all set up and changed before the guests arrived at 5.  He showed up at 4:45.  Not a big deal because he wasn't working the ceremony, but he was running around in his shorts while guests were showing up.  I handed him a list of special songs and must plays.  He claimed on the wedding day that he never received such a list, but remembered half the songs and not the other half.  He got all the special dances though, so I can't complain.  I paid him a month before the wedding for an extra half hour (until 11:30).  I also paid the venue for an extra half hour (until 11:30).  We left at 11:05, but we wanted the party to go officially until 11:30 so that guests wouldn't feel rushed.  He was packed up and gone by 11:10.  

Jenny's Cakes: A+
Gorgeous cakes.  Best tasting wedding cakes.  I gave her some ideas and she created something truly unique and special.  Her gluten free cake was also to die for.

The Write Place: A+
No complaints.  Her invitations are amazing.  She helped us customize all the invitations so that ours were one of a kind.  They truly set the tone of the wedding.

Madeleine's Daughter: A
Sales staff was awesome.  Alterations department did amazing (like astonishingly amazing work), but they weren't speedy about it.  I ended up needing extra fitting just because they hadn't completed what they said would be completed in the correct time frame.

Russo's Tux: A+
Helpful. Efficient.  You can try on everything to see what you like in person.  Great all the way around.

Ludwigs Limo: A+
Showed up extra early.  The drivers were so kind and helpful.  Awesome experience.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Recap and Reviews

• thanks for sharing!
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Congrats on your wedding!  Where did you have your rehearsal dinner? :)
  • We didn't have a rehearsal so there was no true RD, but we did rent the breakfast room at the hotel (Rockport Inn and Suites) and had dinner there for all the OOT folks and the WP.  We had it catered by The Causeway in Gloucester, which is amazing!  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards