June 2014 Weddings

Drumroll please...we have flowers!

edited July 2013 in June 2014 Weddings
My Michael's is having "dollar days" and have a bunch of vases on sale so I picked up 6 of them at $3 each. They are also having 60-80% off the faux flowers so I picked through the entire sale selection and took all of the light and dark purple and white flowers that I liked. I originally had wanted to have my flowers be white, blue, red and purple, but thanks to opinions here and from FI we cut out the red and blue (and today when I was at the store I held some up to the ones I picked and with the red and blue it looked too much like funeral arrangements to me). So for slightly less than $80 I have all of the flowers and vases I need for the wedding! 

The centerpieces on the table are going to alternate between floral arrangement with table number and a couple votive candles, and luminaries with table number and a couple votive candles.  The look I was going for is like wildflower bunches. No two vases have the same flower types in them but they all have 2 tulips which are my favorite. I might cut down the tulips in the centerpieces just a tad shorter since they are just a bit too tall. The 2 vases with just the tulips I will probably use on the head table. I probably won't be carrying a bouquet and neither will my BM's since I want to incorporate balloons, so I just might carry some of those down the aisle :)

Re: Drumroll please...we have flowers!

• That's awesome! And those flowers look great. Love the colors.

We want to DIY our flowers, but with real flowers. I keep saying we need to get on that like a month a ago, but life keeps getting in the way. It must be so nice to just have that done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I think that by me being such an organizer and a planner, I didn't want to wait until next year and be putting stuff together. I think that since this is out of the way, there is now hope for me to make my own wedding cake since I won't be arranging real flowers the day before the wedding. If Michael's has another 80% off sale next year on their spring/summer flowers then I can add to it if I feel like it. 
  • wow that is pretty they don't look like fake flowers either.  Our venue gives us real floral centerpieces, roses with the color of our choosing.  What we get looks pretty plain and underwhelming so I want to work with the florist to make them more ornate.  I still want to work with roses though.  I have a few ideas but nothing definitive yet.  

Anniversary

• I love the tulips and wildflower look.  Michaels saves the day once again.  I'm in that store at least once a week. 
    This week, they have a 25% off of everything sale.  I'll be bringing home bags & bags of pieces of new projects :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2013
    I love the tulips and wildflower look.  Michaels saves the day once again.  I'm in that store at least once a week. 
    This week, they have a 25% off of everything sale.  I'll be bringing home bags & bags of pieces of new projects :-)

I'm using the 25% off this week to buy supplies for a cake class I'm taking there. I have to say I'm in there once a week at least too. Best part is you can use that coupon on sale items this week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards