Nevada-Las Vegas

Officiant tipping for those buying wedding package.

I am getting married in the Juno Garden at Caesers.  I got the roman package that includes the officiant, pictures, DVD, bouquet.....etc.  For those of you who are also getting married through a hotel or chapel, are you tipping the officiant?

Re: Officiant tipping for those buying wedding package.

• Well I got a package with flamingo and in my contract it says I gotta pay a 75 donation to out officiant. In my opinion its more of one more fee they add on..so its not really like the officiant is included in the package when there's a donation required.. not sure how it works at Caesars
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • we had to pay a certain amount also. I think it was $50 or $75. with out package we had a limo pick us up an drop us off and we tipped him too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wouldn't feel obligated to tip in most cases because most of the strip resorts do not employ the officiant, so the money you're paying is going directly to them to begin with.  If they do a fantastic job you could of course tip and I'm sure they'd be appreciative but you don't have to.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Hey VG! I got Roland. Thanks for your video. It helped make my decision!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were told to pay $75 to the officiant at the quad (flsmingo weddings) so I'm assuming he got to keep it. We gave him $10 xtra
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • spoon1984spoon1984 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    I just got married at the Juno Gardens on July 3rd, we didn't tip. The only direction I got regarding tipping was at the end of a long email with all the final details it said tipping wasn't necessary and didn't mention anyone (officiant or coordinator) specifically. I presume Caesars pay the officiant. We spoke to him very briefly beforehand really just to help him pronounce my name! Also the ceremony was very quick with it being so warm. He couldn't of been with us for more than 15 mins for everything. The short ceremony was perfect though.
  • sunni96 said:
    Hey VG! I got Roland. Thanks for your video. It helped make my decision!
    He's the best; you'll love him!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards