June 2014 Weddings

Too many ideas!

Pinterest sometimes makes my head want to explode: I get so overwhelmed with all the beautiful pictures and themes for weddings. :/  I think I'm set on something and then I see a picture that makes me say "I should do that instead!" Which is usually then followed by "but I liked the other idea--but the two don't mesh--my head hurts--need a drink--" and so forth.

Are any of you June ladies dealing with Pinterest fever or extreme indecisiveness? When I got engaged in April, I felt like I had plenty of time to just pin things and have fun with different ideas. Now it's 11 months away and I'm wondering just how set on my "vision" should I be by now? Maybe later I can post two different cakes I am in love with if anybody's curious!

Happy Friday!!!

Re: Too many ideas!

• All the time! But I love Pinterest, its such a good tool for organizing everything. I use it for my party planning services too, to keep me organized. I'm DIY-ing everything so sometimes the ideas make me want to head straight to the craft store and start making things. Sometimes then, I end up at the craft store and end up buying all of the flowers and vases I need for the entire wedding. Oops, that was today. Find what works together and stick with it. Especially if you have a color theme or design them that you love.

Ours is purple shades with natural white, grey and black with damask. We love fireworks so we are incorporating luminaries and lots of candles and sparklers.

Sort it all out and divide your Pinterest boards by subject, it will help keep you organized, and if you are like me and on a very tight budget and DIY, put prices in those description boxes to keep track of money!! I have my boards as Flowers, Bride, Reception, Food, Ceremony, Music etc. and I made a whole separate email and Pinterest account so that it is all in one place. Above all, breathe! You are planning a fun party and that comes first, don't stress! Good luck!
  • I don't think you need a theme per se.  Pinterest can make your head explode, back away from it for awhile.  Figure out what colors you want, what flower you like and go from there. I pin some things but I find a lot the ideas are now so overdone and a bit strange.  If you figure you what you don't like to that can eliminate a lot of as well. 

Anniversary

• All the time! But I love Pinterest, its such a good tool for organizing everything. I use it for my party planning services too, to keep me organized. I'm DIY-ing everything so sometimes the ideas make me want to head straight to the craft store and start making things. Sometimes then, I end up at the craft store and end up buying all of the flowers and vases I need for the entire wedding. Oops, that was today. Find what works together and stick with it. Especially if you have a color theme or design them that you love.

Ours is purple shades with natural white, grey and black with damask. We love fireworks so we are incorporating luminaries and lots of candles and sparklers.

Sort it all out and divide your Pinterest boards by subject, it will help keep you organized, and if you are like me and on a very tight budget and DIY, put prices in those description boxes to keep track of money!! I have my boards as Flowers, Bride, Reception, Food, Ceremony, Music etc. and I made a whole separate email and Pinterest account so that it is all in one place. Above all, breathe! You are planning a fun party and that comes first, don't stress! Good luck!
    I've messed up with my Pinterest.  Everything is in just one board: Wedding.  I need to spend a few hours organizing all those pins.

We have similar taste, I think.  My wedding colors are shades of sagey green, ivory, black & silver. 
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've found a few 'must haves' on Pinterest and I run with them, otherwise it gets filed away for a 'maybe.'
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My pinterest is a wedding EXPLOSION and a huge mess.  I've changed my mind so many times with what colors I want, do I want more rustic or romantic, blah blah blah.  It's crazy.  But I think I finally have my theme and colors down, so it's time to weed out all the other stuff.  Haha.  Pinterest can make you nuts!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, explosion describes mine too. I'm going for an art deco vibe because the style of the moon/stars with that art is just my favorite (if you google "art deco moon," you'll see what I mean). But my colors are gold and ivory. My mom and sisters assure me I can still run with both ideas, but I feel like stars and moon should be black and gold. Do you think it's odd to have gold and ivory moon and stars?

It doesn't help that I have an anxiety disorder and stuff like this tends to overwhelm me. :/ 

• Yes, explosion describes mine too. I'm going for an art deco vibe because the style of the moon/stars with that art is just my favorite (if you google "art deco moon," you'll see what I mean). But my colors are gold and ivory. My mom and sisters assure me I can still run with both ideas, but I feel like stars and moon should be black and gold. Do you think it's odd to have gold and ivory moon and stars?

It doesn't help that I have an anxiety disorder and stuff like this tends to overwhelm me. :/ 

I bet it wouldn't be too hard to add black into your gold and ivory theme. Just remember to breathe, you'll be okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards