Georgia-Atlanta

Atlanta/Alpharetta Wedding recap

Hi Ladies- I am back at work following what I can only describe as the wedding and honeymoon of my dreams - even though I thought I wanted to elope originally.

We were married on June 29th at Chukkar Farms in Alpharetta.   It was the perfect southern wedding venue for us.   Below is a list of the vendor's we used (I'd be happy to provide a more elaborate review/eval for anyone that's interested in certain ones).  Overall, we were pleased with all of them:

Venue:  Chukkar Farm Polo Club, Alpharetta

Transportation (shuttles and airport service):  Atlantic Limo

Hotel:  Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta on Windward Parkway

Cake:  Heath Cashin

Bartenders: Bartender Atlanta/Party on Wine

Dress:  La Raine's Bridal in the Highlands

DJ:  Music Makes It Happen Entertainment

Florist/Day-of Coorindator:  Lindsey Knox/Mitchell

Food:  Grand Champion BBQ 

Photographers:  AngelWings Photography/Amy Crowe

Tent rental:  Atlanta's Rental Place

Rehearsal dinner:  The Fickle Pickel Cafe (the Barn), downtown roswell

Re: Atlanta/Alpharetta Wedding recap

• Hi I am going to look at Chukkar Farm next week. Also considering Grand Champion BBQ. Can you give a detailed review them? Also did you have a planning blog? Thanks
  • Lindsey is doing the flowers for my wedding in 2 weeks. She's been great so far, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Tiffani10876 - Grand Champion is absoluletly fabulous!   They were easy to communicate with, adjusted the menu to our preference, very affordable, etc, etc.  We met with Robert, one of the owners, a couple of weeks before the event just to make sure he was familiar with the area.  They were one of the vendors that just had it under control.  I was confident they would be there, set-up, serve, etc, when they were supposed to wihtout a lot of hassle.  It's what they do and they do it well!  100% recommend!   (And, we got tons of compliments on the food!  Best beef brisket ever, and my husband is from texas.  Best mac n cheese ever!!) 

Chukkar Farms - We received so many compliments on the venue!  We chose to have the ceremony under their main pavillion.  (Originally, we were going to do it in the polo field, but due to weather concerns - not only rain, but heat/sun - we decided a couple of weeks before the event to rent a tent for the tables during reception and have the ceremony under the pavilion).   It was everything I imagined..  We used most of their decorations.  It was a very southern, laid back event.  Our friends and families loved it.    As far as working with the Farm - for the most part, it's easy.  We did have to re-explain our preferences with them a couple of times, just reminders when they asked, even though I documented and diagramed how we wanted the layout.  I felt like I had a few the same conversations multiple times.  Howver, they are very good and helpful.   We agreed that they would provide staffing (about 2 people) for 2 hours during the event to help clear plates (even though we used disposable), but afterwards they told us it was 3 people for 5 hours.  The price was very inexpensive, so I didn't argue, as I do know they worked and it was probably best that they did.  We paid for the base rental, set-up/clean-up, extra decorating of the pavillion, using their decorations/centerpiece items, etc.  It was worth it in the end so that we could have as many people as we really wanted since there is so much space.  Kids had a great time! So, all in all, very accomodating.  Heath Cashin- who did our cake - is the sister of the main contact, so that made that process super convenient as well...and the cake really was fabulous!  

• If this works...here's a pic of what our ceremony looked like from a guest's seat, and a picture of the tent/table area we set up at the farm...

imageimage
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks so much for your review!! I went to visit the farm and it's absolutely beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards