Favors

Cheese for favors?

Our weddin theme is over the moon in love, and my maid of honor had the great idea of giving cheese, (which who doesn't love cheese) because the moon is made of cheese. Well slap a sticker saying thanks for coming and a cute explainer line. But I'm having a little trouble figuring out if this is practical. Do I have to keep it cold? And how much is this going to cost? Might be to much. Any thoughts lady...

Re: Cheese for favors?

• Styxamo said:

Our weddin theme is over the moon in love, and my maid of honor had the great idea of giving cheese, (which who doesn't love cheese) because the moon is made of cheese. Well slap a sticker saying thanks for coming and a cute explainer line. But I'm having a little trouble figuring out if this is practical. Do I have to keep it cold? And how much is this going to cost? Might be to much. Any thoughts lady...

Weddings don't really need a theme beyond marriage - themes can often come across as high school prom. 

And yes, most cheeses need to be refrigerated, so I have no idea how you'd make this work. I'd honestly rethink this idea. If you're really set on this moon thing, what about moon-shaped cookies (or other random dessert) instead?
  • I don't love cheese, and a "cute explainer line" isn't going to make my taste buds love it.

Cheese usually does need refrigeration, so I'm not sure that this would work.

Maybe moon pies would work instead?  (Can be Googled.)
  • I love cheese, but I would rethink this since you would need to keep it cold. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Depending on your budget, you could use mini cutting boards with a cheese spreader as a wedding favor.http://pinterest.com/pin/376332112582775348/   Maybe even a cute cheese grater with an attached card with a unique saying on it - Or if you know any local gourmet cheese stores in your area - you may be able to find something in there!

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Gouda, brie, camembert should be okay at room temperature.  
  • If I were you, I would store all the cheese in the refrigerator after purchasing it.  Once you slice the cheese and place into favor bags etc..., I would still store it in the refrigerator.  It will be fine on the reception table for the day.  Even these cheeses will go bad and can allow the growth of pathogens that can cause food poisoning. 

• Its' hard to give out cheese because people may not be going straight home after the reception. People don't really want to have have warm cheese in their car.
  • I love cheese, but for reasons PPs outlined above, it could be complicated logistically.
  • I agree with PP, cheese definitely needs to be refrigerated or it can go bad/grow bad pathogens on it that can make people sick.  :(  IF you're set on the theme (Over the Moon in love) what about a different symbolic favor, like mochi cake which is a Japanese cake made from glutenous rice, and is particularly popular around the new year as a celebratory food.  The Japanese have a legend about a bunny who pounds mochi (rice flour) on the moon.  There is also Konpeito, which is a star-shaped Japanese candy.  It's very similiar to our rock candy, but it comes out star-shaped.  Here's what it looks like.  You could include a little note about the bunny if you used something mochi-related, or just let the stars do the talking. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards