North Carolina-Outer Banks

hotels for guests

So I'm sending out Save the Dates soon, and I'm finishing up my wedding website.

Should I be looking at hotels at/near my venue....or pick hotels that have good reviews on trip advisor...or something else? I would like to reach out to see if I can get a discount for my guests somewhere- but I just don't know what hotels to pick. I'll be staying in Nags Head, as will some of my wedding party and family. Other family will be Kitty Hawk and KDH.

We are getting married at the Hilton Garden Inn (on the pier), but I think the discount price they gave me was in the high 200s. So I would like to find other options.

Re: hotels for guests

• We reserved a block of rooms at the Sanderling, where we had our wedding at. I'm pretty sure our room block price was in the $200s as well, I think that's a pretty average price for down there. We encouraged our guests to reserve houses versus hotel rooms, most of our guests came from over 7 hours away, and for the same price of 2 nights in a hotel, they got an entire house for a week (split over 5 couples). I think it depends on the number of guests you have coming, if you make room blocks, be sure you are not responsible for any costs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lbb135lbb135 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    We stayed at the Sea Ranch resort during our planning trip.  It was nice and very affordable.  We are heading down a day before our rental begins to get our marriage license and staying at Shutters on the Banks.  I've heard great things about this local place & it's really affordable.  Both places are in KDH and well under $200 in September.. but not sure what month you are looking at.  

Hope that helps!
  • I set blocks at Comfort Inn South and Nags Head Inn. After the discounts they are $150ish-$180ish depending on if they were ocean-side or not. I looked at both hotels- neither are glamorous but they were clean and do-able. I also wrote a list of motels for people that I had stayed at in the past- noting that they were motel-quality.

• I've also heard great things about Shutters. My FBIL and his wife blocked rooms there for their wedding and loved them, and his family stays there when they visit. We will probably block rooms there also.
  • great, thank you!

• We blocked off rooms at Shutters onThe Banks as well as The Nags Head Inn

• We blocked rooms at Nags Head Inn.  I believe they are $140 for street view and $180 for a ocean view.  The rooms are really nice.  The outside is a little rough looking but the rooms are very nice! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards