Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

wedding party?

so i would like to have more bridesmaids, right now i have 1 MOH and 1 bridesmaid, i feel like i should have 1 more bridesmaid. but my FI had a trouble picking a another groomsmen? i know their isn;t a rule for how many for the bridal party, but should their be more then 1 bridesmaid? what would u suggest? 

Re: wedding party?

• I had 1 MOH and 1 BM and I thought that was perfect actually.  I am not a fan of big wedding parties--the more BMs, the more drama has been my experience. 
  • true, i just not sure! im already having 2 flower girls

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

The only reason to choose another BM is because there is someone special in your life that you want to honor by having her stand with you at your wedding.  Don't have another BM just to have one or because you think you're supposed to have a certain number.

• I have been in a wedding with 8, and in a wedding with 4. 4 was sooooo much better, because we could all hang out and really get to know each other. No one really broke off into groups like when I was in the big wedding party. Because of that, we had 4, although I kind of wish we had just done 3. Not because of any particular girl, just because I LOVED how intimate and cozy it was getting ready.
  • well i do have another friend of mine, from back home we dont talk as much as we did, but i would still love to have her in my wedding! since i was suppose to be part of hers! long story dont ask!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

Also if you are paying for anything (as well as buying their gifts) think of the expense.  It adds up.  Since I only had 2, I was able to buy their jewelry, pay for their hair and makeup, and take them for a spa day the day before the wedding. 

When it comes to BMs, less is more I think.

• true, well im making the bridesmaid dresses so thats more time on me! idk yet, it was just a thought! 
  • If your concern is that your FI can't think of someone else to be a GM, don't let that be a deterrent.  Just as there's no rule that you have to have a "set" number, there's also no rule that says you have to have even numbers (although the symmetry really bugs some people and I totally understand that).  If there's a person whom you'd really like to have standing there next to you, I say ask them.

If you're unsure, though, sleep on it.  The worst thing you could do is ask someone and then have second thoughts (or worse, ask her to step down)!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards