Iowa-Des Moines

BAKERY????

Hi all!

Looking for a bakery to do a SIMPLE cake for approximately 250 people.  We are wanting a small round cake for my fiance and I, and sheet cakes that will be served to each person.  It does not have to be fancy at all--just taste good!

Any recommendations? 

Re: BAKERY????

• edited December 2011
    I have heard that Hy-Vee makes pretty good cakes. I can't imagine that they are super expensive either.
  • edited December 2011
    Indulgent Moments in Altoona.  Tom makes them out of his home, and they are the best cakes you will ever taste.  His buttercream frosting is amazing.  The pricing is better than hy vee... I checked.  We are doing a 3 tier round cake and one sheet cake from him.  
    (515) 967-9553
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The Dutch Oven Baker in Boone and Ames make amazing cakes. They taste amazing! It's my mom's favorite and I order her one every year on her birthday.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing ours with indulgement moments also. They are really easy to work with and pride themselves on great tasting cake for a low price.
  • Zippy88kZippy88k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Costco or hyvee
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing indulgent moments too! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Try iowarentacake.com

That's what we are doing and it sounds crazy, but it's a fake cake and they put in a real piece so that it looks like you area actually cutting the cake! And then they wheel it away and cut up the sheet cake to bring out, so no one even knows! And it's very affordable! We had our wedding cake tasting with her not that long ago and the cakes are soo delicious and many flavors! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards