Not Engaged Yet

Want to scream from the rooftops!

My BF and I want to get married.  We bought my engagement ring and I'm so freaking excited that I can't stand it!  I don't even have to be married, I just know from the bottom of my soul that I love him more than I could love any other human on this earth!  I have been married before and I can honestly say that my BF is a perfect match for me.  We've been together for 6 months and I feel so connected to him that it is ridiculous.  No fights, no disagreements, we are perfectly matched.  I don't have to be married or engaged to know that I'm happier than I have ever been in my life!  I'm 39 years old and I feel like a kid.  My BF brings out the kid in me.  Just seeing him makes the butterflies go crazy.  Just knowing that I get to wake up to him and come home to me makes me tingle all over.  I'm not posting for advice, I just needed an outlet.  Ha!  He's simply amazing.  He treats me like a special gift, he considers my feelings above his own.  I just can't believe that at 39 years old that I could ever feel this way. I'm honestly the luckiest woman on the face of this earth!  The good Lord above answered all my prayers.  I'm so thankful and appreciative of this precious gift of LOVE!  I'm content and not many people can say that.

Thanks for reading, I just really needed to pour out my feelings.

Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!

• edited December 2011
    It's wonderful that you've found such a perfect match for yourself!

On another note, it would be awesome if you'd chime in on some of the other posts before just a MY BF IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! because we don't even know you.

Also, you mentioned never fighting. Have you never fought? Ever?? I really think it's important to fight once and a while. I feel like that is not only normal, but a healthy part of a relationship.  Second, 6 months isn't that long to have been dating. You may still be just in the honeymoon phase of your relationship. Hang in there for a while longer while you're waiting for the ring, enjoy dating your prince charming, and see how it's going in a little bit.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-scream-rooftops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7217f588-dc09-494a-a629-313a994cc7a9Post:e6a17667-5c0c-49ca-b603-29adc1c2388e">Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's wonderful that you've found such a perfect match for yourself! On another note, it would be awesome if you'd chime in on some of the other posts before just a MY BF IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! because we don't even know you. Also, you mentioned never fighting. Have you never fought? Ever?? I really think it's important to fight once and a while. I feel like that is not only normal, but a healthy part of a relationship.  Second, 6 months isn't that long to have been dating. You may still be just in the honeymoon phase of your relationship. Hang in there for a while longer while you're waiting for the ring, enjoy dating your prince charming, and see how it's going in a little bit.
    Posted by bourgehm[/QUOTE]

Yep.
  • meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    very nice for you.

Now who are you?
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I didn't fight for the first 6 months either. That's still the honeymoon period, in my opinion.

Also.....um....where's your intro thread?

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • edited December 2011
    Um, hi?
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just love when couples are fresh and new.  The world is a whole different place.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-scream-rooftops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7217f588-dc09-494a-a629-313a994cc7a9Post:6e47fb34-9ba6-4599-b319-fa0af05b63ea">Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just love when couples are fresh and new.  The world is a whole different place.
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

I just love when your mom is fresh and new.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-scream-rooftops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7217f588-dc09-494a-a629-313a994cc7a9Post:e6a17667-5c0c-49ca-b603-29adc1c2388e">Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's wonderful that you've found such a perfect match for yourself! On another note, it would be awesome if you'd chime in on some of the other posts before just a MY BF IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! because we don't even know you. Also, you mentioned never fighting. Have you never fought? Ever?? I really think it's important to fight once and a while. I feel like that is not only normal, but a healthy part of a relationship.  Second, 6 months isn't that long to have been dating. You may still be just in the honeymoon phase of your relationship. Hang in there for a while longer while you're waiting for the ring, enjoy dating your prince charming, and see how it's going in a little bit.
    Posted by bourgehm[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.  Also...hi?</div><div>
    </div>
  • MsStealthMsStealth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, I'm a lurker.  My name is Jen.  I'm 39, I'm an IT manager.  No, we don't fight.  Neither of us is really confrontational.  I know 6 months isn't very long, we are both just so easy going that we just like to go with the flow.  I'm not saying that there haven't been times when we get on each other's nerves, but there just hasn't ever been a severe disagreement.  I have honestly never laughed as much as I have in the past 6 months.  Neither of us is in a rush to the alter.  We've both been hurt in the past, so we're thoroughly enjoying the peace we have found in each other.  Neither of us have kids, which kind of makes getting to know one another a little easier.  I was married for 12 years, so it is amazing to have someone be by my side that is willing to take things as they come.  We each feel free to share our hopes, dreams as well as fear.  No relationship is perfect, but the ability to communicate is priceless.  My ex-husband was so controlling that it is just refreshing to be with someone that appreciates me for being just who I am and doesn't expect me to fit some unreasonable mold.  I know we're still in the honeymoon phase, which is why we're not in a hurry to get married.  Marriage is something that neither of us takes lightly, I never in a million years dreamed that I'd meet someone that everything just "clicks". 

I apologize for being so gushy.  I know that the beginning of a relationship is the best part, but I look forward to what the possiblities hold for us.  We want the same things in life.  We want peace, happiness, and contentment.  That may seem to be pretty simple, but we're willing to see where this all goes.

Thank you each for your responses.  I will try not to be such a stranger.

Nice to meet everyone!
  • MsStealthMsStealth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I guess I didn't know the "rules" of having an intro thread.
  • edited December 2011
    Much better. Thanks for the introduction!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-scream-rooftops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7217f588-dc09-494a-a629-313a994cc7a9Post:201bb0eb-8edf-422a-ace2-5f6004777038">Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I guess I didn't know the "rules" of having an intro thread.
    Posted by MsStealth[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Your second post made it better.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Hello!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    MsStealth - your enthusiasm made me smile :) I'm glad you're so happy! If you had claimed to be 10 years older (48) I would have wondered if you were my own mother. . . she was married to my step father for a 10-12 years (can't remember) and now she's with someone who makes her actually happy. It is nice to see :) and to hear that something similar is happened for you. 

Now, don't be a stranger and join in our food, sex and random sh!t conversations! 

Welcome! 
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Yup, second post was much better, Stealth. We're pretty much all in happy relationships; it's why we're here. So it's good to just get to know you for you. Hi and welcome!

ETA: How do you feel about mac n cheese? Are you a Kraft girl by any chance? My favorite kind is the 3 cheese with shells, but I do enjoy me some spirals once in a while, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Hi - welcome aboard...nice to have another in my age group around here...but I'll always be the old lady of the board (even if you are a couple years older than me) - I take pride in that title Wink
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm currently reading a book (Your Brain in Love or something) written by a marriage counselor and he suggests that even through the engagement stage of a relationship, it's pretty much the honeymoon period.

Not that I'm suggesting you go and fight it out, but ya know - don't go too crazy yet :)

Congrats on finding what seems to be a great guy, but...tell us more about yourself.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-scream-rooftops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7217f588-dc09-494a-a629-313a994cc7a9Post:c8ba0af9-3cf2-4f80-9d9b-033da8c4faaa">Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want to scream from the rooftops! : I just love when <strong>your mom is fresh and new.
    </strong>Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

So fresh and so clean clean.

On another note, I was thinking the other day how lucky I am that after 2.5 years with my BF, my favorite part of the day is still coming home to him. Should I start a thread? (See, there's a reason I didn't put 1 as my snark level).</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]It's wonderful that you've found such a perfect match for yourself! On another note, it would be awesome if you'd chime in on some of the other posts before just a MY BF IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! because we don't even know you. Also, you mentioned never fighting.<strong> Have you never fought? Ever?? I really think it's important to fight once and a while. I feel like that is not only normal, but a healthy part of a relationship.</strong>  Second, 6 months isn't that long to have been dating. You may still be just in the honeymoon phase of your relationship. Hang in there for a while longer while you're waiting for the ring, enjoy dating your prince charming, and see how it's going in a little bit.
    Posted by bourgehm[/QUOTE]

Confession- FI and I have never fought...we've been together more than 2 years.  We get annoyed with each other on occassion (as you would with anyone you live with), but we've never actually had a <em>fight</em>.
    Anniversary
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-scream-rooftops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7217f588-dc09-494a-a629-313a994cc7a9Post:5fc18341-1da8-40b6-9b10-f37655643f30">Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want to scream from the rooftops! : <strong>So fresh and so clean clean.</strong> On another note, I was thinking the other day how lucky I am that after 2.5 years with my BF, my favorite part of the day is still coming home to him. Should I start a thread? (See, there's a reason I didn't put 1 as my snark level).
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Tiger, my BF loves that song and quotes it all the time. :)

Anyway, hi and welcome, new kid!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_want-scream-rooftops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:7217f588-dc09-494a-a629-313a994cc7a9Post:c8ba0af9-3cf2-4f80-9d9b-033da8c4faaa">Re: Want to scream from the rooftops!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Want to scream from the rooftops! : I just love when your mom is fresh and new.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Elle! It took me quite some time to compose myself after reading this! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards