Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Has anyone else have or will have there wedding at the barn on bridge?

So my fiancé and I have been looking around for a rustic venue and I think we found it by looking at their pictures! It looks absolutely stunning especially since they just redone a lot of it. We are planning meeting up with a event manager to get a tour and were super excited!

What all thing can you share with me about them? Do you have any pointers while we go over everything with them. Anything you feel you think I should know please share!

Also if you have any photos from your wedding I would love to see!

image 125 Invited So Far
image 26 Are Ready To Party!
image 0 Will Be Missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Has anyone else have or will have there wedding at the barn on bridge?

• I'm having my wedding in the other venue Ryans own and they have been terrific to work with.  They are very accommodating and detail oriented.  You won't have any problems at all with anyone on their staff.  The food is really good and they have so many different things to offer.  I'm having some really fun appetizers and the s'more dessert.  There is so much to choose from.  I can't wait!  I went over to look at the Barn and it's really pretty.  My florist is nearby and works at both places a lot.  She's a preferred vendor for the Ryans and will help make the decorating/flower part go so smoothly.  You should check her out. WhmsicalWelcomes.com   She told me that she did the flowers in the photo shoot for the Barn website. is you're interested. And there's probably pictures from both places on her blog. Good luck!
  • jimbosbride Thank you for sharing that with me! If you don't mind me asking how much is she charging you for bouquets and boutonnieres and what is your budget on your flowers? That is the main thing that i'm concerned about because for our centerpieces I was going to provided the items. I love the idea of the mason jars sitting on top of wood and thinking about using hydrangeas or something simple along those lines and I don't see hydrangeas being all that expensive. I love the s'more idea we were thinking about doing that also!

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • My budget for flowers was pretty good and she was $1,000 less than two other florists and her designs were much more creative. I have a lot of tables which I wanted hi and low plus ceremony flowers, aisle flowers, and much more.  Really unusual flower arrangements were important to me. As far as bouquets she doesn't just do a bouquet of roses. She sent me flower homework and I had to check out lots of flowers available in my colors to tell her what I liked and what I didn't like.  She used all different types of flowers in four different sketches she did for me for bouquets and they were all priced differently.  So I can't give you a number for that.  But she designs according to your budget. And costs depend on what you're using. I think she's done a lot of mason jar things. Check out her blog whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com for photos.  When I recently stopped be her house (she works out of her home so she doesn't have the overhead of a store) she showed me some really awesome rustic containers she recently bought for the barn.  I know Leslie spends a lot of time shopping for and buying unique containers for her weddings. 
  • If you don't mind sharing what she's charging you would be wonderful! What flowers are you having in your bouquets? I love the low and hi centerpieces! But I know that wouldn't be in my budget. I'm trying to stay around 2,000 for everything but will see! I checked out her blog her work is wonderful! After I go to to the barn on Monday to take the tour. I still have a lot of time for planning but I love planning way ahead of time.

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I'd prefer not to say what I'm paying in a public forum.  I have friends and family that check out the Knot all the time.  Sorry.   But she'd be fine with your budget.  She doesn't do expensive weddings and at your meeting will probably tell you that her weddings average between $1800 - $2800.  High pieces would be closer to the upper end of that number.  I'm using two shades of  lisianthus, little spray roses, and calla lilies in my bouquet.  She's doing a wedding flower show on Sunday if you want to check out her work.  The info should be on her website.
  • Ahhh gotcha not a big deal. I went the the barn yesterday and I love it! It's everything that we were looking for. I emailed Leslie and she is wonderful and very down to earth she pulled me in just by the email she replied back. We will be using her as our florist! Your flower choices sound wonderful! When are you getting married? I have a few years still but i'm such a planner and it will help make payments easier breaking it up. 

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I'm this September.  It seems like I've been planning forever and now that it's getting close I keep wondering if I'll get everything done. It's crazy.
  • You must be super excited!!! I can't wait for final count down says I have 3yrs still ha. I hope you share your pics from your wedding I would love to see what it looks like. If you don't mind me asking who are you going with for music? We were looking at silver sound!

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I am also getting married at The Barn on Bridge. Everything so far has been easy. They are so accommodating, flexible and professional! We have our six month planning meeting this weekend. 
  • We're using Ewing Entertainment for our DJ.  They were recommended to us and we went to hear them at a wedding and we loved them.  I hear good things about Silver Sound too. Aren't they on the preferred vendor list there?
  • Yes they are a preferred vendor. I seen silver sounds all over the knot and one thing that I do like is the lighting is included in my package! They are a little more than what I wanted to pay for a DJ but i've heard so many great things it will be worth it to have them.

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards