New York-New York City

Florist needed in Brooklyn

I'd love to get recommendations for florists who can do my wedding in the South Brooklyn area. I went to a few florists with a picture of exactly what I want my centerpieces to look like and one was able to create a sample for me. It was beautiful and the price I receive from this florist was very reasonable. The problem I'm trying to cope with is that this florist doesn't have pictures of his prior work. He explained to me how everything would look and it all sounds wonderful and I'm tempted to work with him, but I'm being cautious as well. The other florists I went to either gave me really high quotes or told me they don't like my ideas and showed me these gaudy looking centerpieces that I specifically said I don't want. So I'm still on the hunt for a florist who will listen to my ideas but also won't cost me an arm and a leg. Any recommendations will be very much appreciated! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist needed in Brooklyn

• I am working with Stefan's florissima. They have been very flexible and easy to work with thus far. They are one of the exclusive vendors of my venue and came HIGHLY reccomended
  • I hear Spina in Brooklyn is good.  Don't know prices though.

Curious, what type of quotes were these other florists giving you?
  • I hear Spina in Brooklyn is good.  Don't know prices though.

Curious, what type of quotes were these other florists giving you?
    I've gotten quotes from 3-6K. The lowest one was 2K but the guy doesn't have pictures of his prior work so I'm skeptical. He did a nice sample for me and was referred by a friend who uses him for parties but I've never seen him work for weddings. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am working with Stefan's florissima. They have been very flexible and easy to work with thus far. They are one of the exclusive vendors of my venue and came HIGHLY reccomended
    Thanks! Do you by chance have their website or phone number? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is the website...they have offices in Long Island and Manhattan..

I am working with Arlene, but im sure everyone is great
  • jrkubrjrkubr member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Joseph John Floral: great flowers, great prices! He did my wedding, loved it! Joseph is amazing.
  • Thank you ladies, I will check them out =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love love love Black Dahlia. Sheryl is great! 
  • Love love love Black Dahlia. Sheryl is great! 
    would you happen to have a website or phone number? can't seem to find them. thank you! =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's Black Dahlia's site: http://www.blackdahliainc.com/index.html    I met them at a bridal expo and they were very nice to talk to and toss around ideas, I just felt it was a little far for me as I'm getting married in Brooklyn too.....

You should also look into Nature's Petal (http://www.naturespetal.com/) -  they're located in Queens near St. Johns University and so far they have been fantastic!  We just booked them for our wedding after a friend recommended them - Juil is amazing at trying to keep to your budget, even offering suggestions of ways to reuse certain pieces or different flowers within your vision to keep the cost low, and he's VERY professional with tons of images of past centerpieces, etc. (another florist we interviewed shot down all of our ideas and basically didn't let us talk about our vision for our wedding, so sad).

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Here's Black Dahlia's site: http://www.blackdahliainc.com/index.html    I met them at a bridal expo and they were very nice to talk to and toss around ideas, I just felt it was a little far for me as I'm getting married in Brooklyn too.....

You should also look into Nature's Petal (http://www.naturespetal.com/) -  they're located in Queens near St. Johns University and so far they have been fantastic!  We just booked them for our wedding after a friend recommended them - Juil is amazing at trying to keep to your budget, even offering suggestions of ways to reuse certain pieces or different flowers within your vision to keep the cost low, and he's VERY professional with tons of images of past centerpieces, etc. (another florist we interviewed shot down all of our ideas and basically didn't let us talk about our vision for our wedding, so sad).

Thank you! Ugh, I hate when the vendors don't listen to you and shoot down your ideas. Makes it seem like they don't care about your business. We went to one who did the same thing at first when I showed her a picture of what I had in mind. She said she didn't like it! As if she's making them for herself! Of course we chose not to work with her as well. Sad, as she was recommended by our venue.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • June Florist in Brooklyn also does nice work!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • twotim45twotim45 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013

Flowers by Emil in Bensonhurst. Amazing prices and in the neighborhood for years!

• Lindsay Rae Designs is amazing!
  • If you don't have any luck with Brooklyn, go to Spanish Harlem (East 116th Street) to Kathy's Flowers.  She is an Asian woman who has fabulous ideas, and delivers everything and sets it up personally.  She's amazing and reasonable.  She needs an updated website, but you can contact her directly - worth the trip on the $$ you will save.  She makes sure every flower is perfection.

Nearest Transit Station:242 E 116th St
    (between 3rd Ave & 2nd Ave) 
    New YorkNY 10029
    Neighborhood: East Harlem
    (212) 369-2580
    kathysflowersnyc.comAdd Photos116 St.110 St.125 St.More InformationHours:Mon-Sat 9 am - 6 pm
  • Thank you for all the suggestions ladies! I am happy to report that we settled on a florist =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards