Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Lone Oak Winery/Lost Oak Winery

Has anyone had their wedding there? I tried looking for a review on Wedding Wire but nothing, and there's not much to find.

Re: Lone Oak Winery/Lost Oak Winery

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I can look on our reviews Monday. Delaney Vineyards is another. Here is a wedding at Lone Oak http://www.stylemepretty.com/texas-weddings/2011/06/30/lone-oak-winery-wedding-by-jonathan-ivy-photography/ Notice how it's all outside/completely open.
  • Delaney is out. FI was the best man at a wedding there, back in his first marriage. So, def. a no (even though I'm friends with one of the owner's daughters). Understandable though. From the pictures that I've seen it looked nice. It looks as though they have some type of pergola or pavilion of sorts.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013

I went to a wedding at Delaney in May and it was nice.  There was an open pergola area with no seating where they had the cocktail hour next to the vineyards.

I went through the reviews but didn't find anything on these two wineries.

• I tried to talk to FI about this one, but he said based on the pictures it looks like there is a backyard and a barn, which I don't see it that way. But this wedding looks like what I am interested in. Including the fact that this was the same color scheme I was already going with.

• It's lovely. But he wants more modern right?
  • Yes. Sadly. What I want and what he wants don't really mesh lol. I from the start wanted an outside ceremony at the least. Ideally an outside reception too, but weather wise it can be challenging. We are ideally looking at a beginning of November wedding date since our anniversary is actually Nov 10th.
  • Where are you located?  I may have some suggestions! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I live in the mid-cities area. Most of our family and friends are in this area as well, except FI's family is located in Kansas.
  • I really don't recommend an outside reception. It's very risky and things like tents and heaters can add up. I was married 11-7 and while our wedding day was perfect, our first anniversary was freezing and we talked about how lucky we had been.
  • Drove by La Buena Vida. No go for me.
  • I was married there in April 2012 and had a wonderful experience.  You can have your ceremony with the vines as your backdrop.  

The customer service was great, you can bring in your own food & beer (I don't think you can bring liquor). We did beer, wine, and sangria (white and red).  

It was all outdoors and you do take a risk for that.  The prices were pretty reasonable for my wedding, but I think they have updated there pricing and packages.  

Under the pavilion, they usually use it to set up a buffet (if that's what you have), the bar, cake, the DJ and dance floor.  The tables are out in the grass/under the tent just off of the pavilion.  The pictures are before putting the food, cake, etc out.  

It sounds like you have to figure out if you will lean towards your FI's vision of modern or yours of outdoors.  But if you go the outdoors route, I really loved this winery.  
  • I have been updating the Rustic/Barn list with pricing/capacity info and here is what I found for Lone Oak.

Lone Oak Winery (Burleson) (Capacity 200)

100 guest $3495/150 $3995/200 $4595
    http://www.lostoakwinery.com/

http://www.lostoakwinery.com/files/weddings.pdf

• tmacwin said:
    I was married there in April 2012 and had a wonderful experience.  You can have your ceremony with the vines as your backdrop.  

The customer service was great, you can bring in your own food & beer (I don't think you can bring liquor). We did beer, wine, and sangria (white and red).  

It was all outdoors and you do take a risk for that.  The prices were pretty reasonable for my wedding, but I think they have updated there pricing and packages.  

Under the pavilion, they usually use it to set up a buffet (if that's what you have), the bar, cake, the DJ and dance floor.  The tables are out in the grass/under the tent just off of the pavilion.  The pictures are before putting the food, cake, etc out.  

It sounds like you have to figure out if you will lean towards your FI's vision of modern or yours of outdoors.  But if you go the outdoors route, I really loved this winery.  

Would the tent be included in their pricing if you used it? I LOVE the whole tent idea for some reason.
  • @melissadavis0226 the tent was $1500 to reserve a large one (I needed a tent for 200 guests).  Depending on the company they use, they were able to put a hold on the tent until about a week before hand.  So if you monitored the weather, you could cancel with no penalty.  At first I didn't want to need the tent, but in the end we used it and I loved the way it brought the look together.
  • Mid cities might be too far to travel but willow lake gardens in weather ford is good. It has two separate areas: barn or garden area. Both can accommodate indoor and/or ceremonies and receptions. I'm doing mine all outdoor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would rec going to Grapefest in Grapevine (Sept 12-15). There will be LOTS of local wineries there with info on having your wedding their too. Sounds like an odd place to go to find a venue, but it might actually be helpful! Plus great wine to try from all of the wineries lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards