Knottie Tech Help

Please close

Re: Please close

• Thanks for the heads up! Just closed it.
  • @KnotPorscha

So all we have to do to get a thread closed is simply ask you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra524 said:
    @KnotPorscha

If you have some issue with the KG's, please don't drag my request into it.  I used to moderate the veags forum and check it a few times per day and have a sense of which threads do not need to continue in that particular section and I'm thankful the KG's have been responsive to requests I've made in that regard.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Sierra524 said:
    @KnotPorscha

If you have some issue with the KG's, please don't drag my request into it.  I used to moderate the veags forum and check it a few times per day and have a sense of which threads do not need to continue in that particular section and I'm thankful the KG's have been responsive to requests I've made in that regard.
    Woah...dont get your panties in a bunch. I am simply just trying to figure out what exactly makes the KGs close a thread. I was under the impression that you cannot just close a thread by asking. There was nothing really wrong with that thread, and yet, you asked for it to be closed & BAM! It was done.

@KnotPorscha care to jump in here? What exactly was wrong with that thread that it got closed? I thought there was some great advice in that thread. Can any thread be closed simply by asking you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sierra524 said:

Sierra524 said:
    @KnotPorscha

Woah...dont get your panties in a bunch. I am simply just trying to figure out what exactly makes the KGs close a thread. I was under the impression that you cannot just close a thread by asking. There was nothing really wrong with that thread, and yet, you asked for it to be closed & BAM! It was done.

@KnotPorscha care to jump in here? What exactly was wrong with that thread that it got closed? I thought there was some great advice in that thread. Can any thread be closed simply by asking you?
    I will reluctantly jump in here as well.  There was a thread recently on the Etiquette board that had asked the KG's why a PSA thread was deleted. (The author of the thread was banned).  I remarked that I had noticed other threads being deleted simply because someone asked the KG's to do so.  One of the threads dealt was a very sensitive topic wherein someone compared the funeral of a miscarried baby to a PPD.  Two other threads were deleted by a former "reg" simply because she did not appreciate comments made to her.  (She did this when she had "powers" as a moderator).  And now this thread is requesting deletion just because it has run its course.

This trend surprises me as well  The KG's can (justifiably) ban abusers with no commentary.  But now posts are also being deleted for content.  I wondered if the deleted posts will be differentiated as to why they were deleted.  I also wondered who will determine what/when content has gone too far, or what threads need to be continued.

@StageManager14, I am not sure whether this post clarifies the point I tried to clumsily make in the "Paging" thread, or if you even care.  This addresses the current trend toward censorship that seems to be cropping up lately.  
  • mobkaz said:
    I will reluctantly jump in here as well.  There was a thread recently on the Etiquette board that had asked the KG's why a PSA thread was deleted. (The author of the thread was banned).  I remarked that I had noticed other threads being deleted simply because someone asked the KG's to do so.  One of the threads dealt was a very sensitive topic wherein someone compared the funeral of a miscarried baby to a PPD.  Two other threads were deleted by a former "reg" simply because she did not appreciate comments made to her.  (She did this when she had "powers" as a moderator).  And now this thread is requesting deletion just because it has run its course.

This trend surprises me as well  The KG's can (justifiably) ban abusers with no commentary.  But now posts are also being deleted for content.  I wondered if the deleted posts will be differentiated as to why they were deleted.  I also wondered who will determine what/when content has gone too far, or what threads need to be continued.

@StageManager14, I am not sure whether this post clarifies the point I tried to clumsily make in the "Paging" thread, or if you even care.  This addresses the current trend toward censorship that seems to be cropping up lately.  
    This is exactly what I want to know.

@KnotPorscha, where are you?! Please help us understand!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were notified from users here and offline about the thread. We chose to close the discussion at our own discretion after seeing the flagging.
  • We were notified from users here and offline about the thread. We chose to close the discussion at our own discretion after seeing the flagging.
    Those flags were clearly unwarranted. There was nothing wrong with the posts that got flagged. Why couldnt you just address the flagging and not close the thread like you do with other threads? So if we want a thread closed, can we just page you & POOF! Its closed?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards