Moms and Maids

less than 3 months and no bridesmaids dresses

I am starting to stress because I have an Oct. wedding and we haven't been able to pick out a bridesmaids dresses for my 4 ladies yet.  I started planning at 5 months out and some shops we looked wouldn't help me with wedding dresses or wedding party dresses because "I didn't have time"  Now we have looked at a few shops that could still get dresses we were ok with but the price is crazy high.  We won't order from so shop in china and have looked online and in a large number of department stores and such.  Anybody have any suggestions on where to find 4 yellow dresses for busty girls reasonable? 

Re: less than 3 months and no bridesmaids dresses

• You might have better luck telling your BMs to all pick their own dress as long as it's X color and X length. They might have better luck looking individually rather than trying to find one that they all like.

• Have you tried Davids Bridal? My daughter ordered her wedding dress there. It came in less than six weeks. My mother bought her dress for the wedding in the MOB department and walked out with it the same day. I believe they can look up inventory to make sure the dresses you want are available right now. You could pick the length and color and let them order on line, too. 

Where do you live? I'm surprised that you were turned away five months ago. 

• Davids bridal has tons of choices and price is $150. They also come in pretty quick. You can get alterations done with 3 weeks out
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Grabows14 said:
    Davids bridal has tons of choices and price is $150. They also come in pretty quick. You can get alterations done with 3 weeks out
    Yep go with David's Bridal or Alfred Angelo. You can get it ordered pretty quick. 

~* Matron of Honor *~

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited July 2013
    I picked my BM dresses from Target. They were $55. They were available online only, so they had to be ordered, but all the girls got them inside of a week. My wedding also is in October, and yellow is one of my accent colours. I'm attaching a photo of the dress for you in case you're curious!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Lets try attaching the photo a second time...
    Anniversary

• My girls got their dresses at Macy's for about $60. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I have 45 days to go, and neither of my bridemaids have their dresses, My dog doesn't have her wedding-designed collar and leash, either. It'll all come together. I'm more worried about the things that take more than trips to a few stores, like string 500 flags and paint 50 mason jars to use as vases.
  • I liked the same target dress but its "Currently Not Available" in the yellow.  The girls tried on some David's dresses that were ok, nothing that they liked.  That may be the route we go.  I can't let them shop for themselves because only one would look the others would wait (or ask the first one to pick one out for them). 
  • Have looking into weddington way? They are able to rush dresses in 10-12 (or less with a super rush). It's a great online boutique that runs out of San Francisco. Here is the website http://www.weddingtonway.com/ Good Luck :)
  • @ahyatt87 weddingtonway is one of those Chinese knock off factories. The pictures you see on their site are ripped off from other websites. The dresses are cheap copies. You may or may not get the dresses in 10 days. If the dresses don't arrive on time or the quality is poor, you have no recourse. Check out this article on the Attire and Accessories:

Have you ordered from that site?

• Weddington Way is legitimate. Re: link # 1 - highly doubtful that the New York Times wouldn't vet a story properly… but then, they don't need to when a popular designer is actually quoted in the article discussing Weddington Way. Re: link #2 - Dessy's website pointing to an authorized reseller of their items, which is… wait for it… Weddington Way. And finally, link # 3 is a blog post from The Knot, "thrilled to announce" the CEO of WW featured in their magazine.

No, I don't work for them, and no, I haven't (and may not) order my dress from them, as I would prefer to order from a local vendor. It just bothers me when people assume the worst without checking into things. I completely understand how online sellers impact brick and mortar companies, especially those that are small and locally owned. But some of us don't have the luxury of spending more than we have to when there are other options out there. 

(Stepping down from the soap box now.)

• @MG141414 this was your only post on the knot and you dug up an 8 month old post to come to the defense of a Chinese manufacturer, and you aren't the vendor.

@knotporscha -  please reveiw for possible TOS violation

• As a 2014 bride-to-be, I have had an account for quite some time. I have never felt a need to get involved in the community discussions. I came across this post as I was using The Knot to verify the credibility of Weddington Way, which thankfully, it did. Working for the vendor? No. Coming to the defense of a legitimate business (which anyone can see by perusing The Knot's very own article…)? Yes. 

• @KnotPorscha, can we PLEASE, for the love of everything holy, find a way to close the freaking zombie threads?!?

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards