Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Done with David's! Seamstress Recommendations?

Does anyone have a good seamstress recommendation?  I took my dress in to David's (where I bought it) to have it hemmed and the train removed and was told train removal couldn't be done because it would permanently alter the dress.  I specifically bought this dress because it had a straight, plain hem and thought this would be an easy job.  They offered to do an underneath bustle, and so on my 5' 1" frame, it was going to mean taking up the sweep train and an additional 6 or so inches.   For an August wedding?  Two feet tucked in and up on a straight skirt?  Really?  That's going to look better?  Thanks for letting me vent.  

Anyway, I caution you fellow Knotties about getting your alterations there when you have definite ideas on how your dress should look.  Thanks for your seamstress suggestions!

Re: Done with David's! Seamstress Recommendations?

• Options

There is this place not to far from David's Bridal.  Its on the other side of the street.  Mastor Tailor alterations I believe.  Its in one those two story buildings of businesses.  504-7790806.

He is great and very quick.  I had alterations that were ready the next day for a wedding I was in.

• Options
    I am getting my dress altered by Vinnie Summers. Super sweet! She meets customers at Wedding Belles. She has altered some dresses for me before and it was fast turnaround time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards