Illinois-Chicago

Anyone Getting Married at the Patrick Haley Mansion or gotten married/attended a wedding at phm??

Hey Guys,

In the process of planning for my wedding in July 2014 at PHM. I know they said that they would like acoustic music for the ceremony in the garden. How strict are they about this?? Also any other tips, ideas or thoughts you guys have about this place are more than welcome. I know they do their own catering, and will do the cake as well ..

Re: Anyone Getting Married at the Patrick Haley Mansion or gotten married/attended a wedding at phm??

• ive attended a wedding there. its a beautiful location. the bride and groom had a live band for music. I remember not being impressed with the dinner, it was an apricot chicken. but the inside of the mansion really made up for that
  • We were married there in March of this year and were allowed to wait until the day of to make the decision whether to have an indoor or outdoor ceremony.  They had told us at first also that they would only allow acoustic music for outdoor ceremonies, but then a few days before when it looked like it might be warm enough to have it outside, they said that we could have a speaker out there after I told them I was concerned no one would be able to hear anything.  The food we had was awesome, and I'm pretty picky (we went with the choice of prime rib, chicken saltimbucca, or the Tortellini), we got rave reviews from a lot of the guests on the prime rib!  Jan at the mansion was amazing, and all of the staff were courteous, friendly and organized (with the exception of one woman that I just couldn't stand talking to...) and they made our wedding day amazing!

• My fiance's sister had her wedding there on New Year's Eve a few years ago. It was very beautiful! Because it was December we were inside though. I do know they were VERY strict about people NOT taking their drinks onto the dance floor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards