Wedding Woes

Naked and Afraid?

Anyone watch this?

It's a survival show in which two "survivalists" are dropped in some extreme environment with only one survival item of their choice for 21 days.  The two are complete strangers, one man and one woman, and they're completely naked.  Some of these people lose 30lbs in these 3 weeks.

I'm watching the newest episode.  The guy seems pervy and the girl has already cut her finger pretty badly with her personal item, a machete.

Re: Naked and Afraid?

• I've been watching. I'm impressed with these people. Though the guy in the Maldives pissed me off a lot.
  • We watch it!

Having said that, I haven't seen the latest episode, but it's saved on our DVR.

The one thing I've noticed consistently is how much a person changes when they get in those situations.  The lack of comfort, the lack of food, the lack of security, shelter, fire, whatever, you name it----really changes a person. 

I mean, I guess that's an obvious observation, but it makes you wonder how you'd be able to handle those situations.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I always find it funny that they are the flattest-assed people in all of the wooorrld.  And then we get to look at it. 

But yes, the show is definitely entertaining.
  • I haven't seen the Maldives episode but I have seen the one with Puma, who drank the contaminated water and the one where the guy steps on a thorn and gets a pretty bad infection.
  • The Maldives the guy got SUPER sunburned that laid him out for days. Then he dug for ground water and drank it. That went badly and he didn't bury his poop and she called him out on it.
  • MajideMajide member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment

I've been watching it when I find it is on TV, but I'm not sure if I've missed any episodes.

I find it amusing that in almost every episode, the man will get injured or sick in some way, and the woman ends up doing a lot of the work.  Even with the guy who was scared to swim out in the water to help set the lobster trap.

I love watching these survival shows!  Whenever they are on, I am glued to the TV.  I think Dual Survival is another one I've watched recently and really enjoy.  They seem like complete opposites, but they always manage to make it work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards