September 2014 Weddings

September: Summer or Fall?

Hi ladies! Would you consider your September wedding to be summer or fall when picking out things such as food and decor?

My date is closer to the end of the month, and I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

Re: September: Summer or Fall?

• JaunajJaunaj member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I'd say it's more fall. Simply because if you're in the northeast of the US by the end of September the weather is already beginning to change.  Also, even some of the foliage and flowers are beginning to blooms you'd typically see in the fall as opposed to the summer.
  • I think I'd say fall, especially since your date is closer to the end of the month. I suppose you could really go either way, but most September weddings that I've seen seem to follow along with the fall theme. 
  • I love this post!! I can't decide either...I'm considering an outdoor wedding that's fall-themed...that way we get the best of both seasons!
  • This has seriously been my exact same dilemma! Ok, not exact, my wedding is Sept 6, 2014. On one hand I'd consider it fall (we live in NY but on the Canadian border, winter comes early!) but then again that early in the month can still bring crazy heat waves. Our ceremony is outside and I'm basing the entire wedding on an outdoor theme too.
    Completely conflicted with which way to go with this!
  • the first official day of fall is sept 21/22
    most think any time after labor day is fall

i think it depends on where you are getting married

my wedding is in GA.. it will still be summer 
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the input! I think we're officially leaning more toward fall. Deeper colors, but hopefully still having part of the reception outside.
  • our date is 9/6/2014 and i call that an early fall wedding (hoping it wont be 90 degrees out) so late september would def be fall I would  think. Especially if your up here in the northeast.
  • I think it depends on whether you want to incorporate season into your theme. I am getting married on 9/6/2014 too, and we are not incorporating Summer or Fall into our theme. We're going for a Collegiate Football theme based around the university where we met. Just do what feels right for you!
  • thedivav said:
    the first official day of fall is sept 21/22

I am one of those that consider summer over by the time Labor Day hits.  I'm leaning more to the fall side for mine.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • It doesn't come that early across the border!

Early September you are less likely to get some of the night/day temperature extremes. However, this does not mean you cannot incorporate fall colour schemes into your design. If you are unsure darker fall hughes more typical of fall will work, perhaps consider muted versions of the same colour scheme with pops of dark colour to accent. Some foods may not be as readily available as they may not become available until mid September (depending on crop availability) but don't let that deter you.
    aquila129 said:
    This has seriously been my exact same dilemma! Ok, not exact, my wedding is Sept 6, 2014. On one hand I'd consider it fall (we live in NY but on the Canadian border, winter comes early!) but then again that early in the month can still bring crazy heat waves. Our ceremony is outside and I'm basing the entire wedding on an outdoor theme too.
    Completely conflicted with which way to go with this!

• I always wanted to have my wedding in October, but because of the feel we want and our venue's availability, it turns out we'll be getting married in September. So I'm going to stick with my fall theme (my date is just a few days before the official start of fall). I may do a lighter color palate, but you do you! If you love the summer, go with that theme! If you've always enjoyed fall, do that too. I think September is one of those months that lends itself to either, so you have some flexibility.
  • leoael said:
    thedivav said:
    the first official day of fall is sept 21/22

I am one of those that consider summer over by the time Labor Day hits.  I'm leaning more to the fall side for mine.
    I am from Chicago lol its usually cold after labor day 
    but since i am allergic to the great outdoors i will be inside in a bubble lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards