Nevada-Las Vegas

ceremony far from the strip

I am getting married at The Grove which is about 20 minutes from the strip. All of our guests I'm sure will be staying on the strip. I'm concerned about transportation. I really don't want to pay to transport my guests which is about 40 people, since my reception is already running over budget. Any suggestions???

Re: ceremony far from the strip

• Please don't take this the wrong way but you almost have to pay for the transportation. Have you looked at Bell Trans or some of the other companies? It might not be as expensive as you think. Just my opinion. I understand about being over budget because I have hit that point myself but there are some things that just should be included.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cabbing out to the grove isnt cheap. We are getting married at Siena, which is just about as far and it was $65. Bell trans is 99/hr for off the strip for the 24 seater bus.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can understand your dilemma about being over budget.  In my opinion, I do feel that if it isn't close enough to walk to you should be paying for transportation.  Check out a few options and even check out if the Grove has any suggestions.  It might be cheaper than you think.  
  • Thanks for the Bell Trans idea! I've looked online and hadn't seen that yet.
  • Oh good! There are other companies too that provide the same service so hopefully you can find one that does not put you far outside your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AMS482AMS482 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Could you do a hotel block close to your venue so you aren't spending extra money on transportation? Most hotels off the strip provide transportation to and from the airport. A cab ride would then be cheaper for them to get to your wedding. Or, they could rent a car. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!! The grove will give me one 24 passenger bus so I only have to find one more. I hadn't thought about hotels closer to the venue because my reception is at Roy's on the strip so I would have to find something for the transportation one way or another. But I REALLY appreciate all the help. I am second guessing everything at this point!!
  • Thanks ladies!! The grove will give me one 24 passenger bus so I only have to find one more. I hadn't thought about hotels closer to the venue because my reception is at Roy's on the strip so I would have to find something for the transportation one way or another. But I REALLY appreciate all the help. I am second guessing everything at this point!!
    See if they can arrange for a second bus at their cost/price. It may be less than you booking independent of them.

If you have guests who want to cab it at their expense, keep in mind you can't easily flag down a cab there to return.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards