Moms and Maids

Step Sisters & Half Brothers - Looking for ideas on how to include them in our day

Hello Friends!

I have chosen my sister as my maid of honour and my fiance's wonderful sister as my bridesmaid. 

I have two new and amazing step-sisters, who I want to include in the wedding somehow.

My step-sisters are younger (14 & 18) and full of gregarious energy.   We are doing a 20's theme wedding and I'm open to any fun ideas as to how to include them!

My half-brother is a sweet guy, he's just a bit, um... dark.  He's 20 this year.   Once he gets to know you he will open up, but sometimes he can be a, um, negative nelly.  He also hates my Dad, but that's a different conversation for a different day.  How do I include him.  There's no way I can include my step-sisters and not him...  HELP.

Thanks!

Best,

Meredith

Re: Step Sisters & Half Brothers - Looking for ideas on how to include them in our day

• Can your step-sisters be bridesmaids or are you set on only having one?  Do they want to be a part of the WP?  Maybe they could be joint flower-ladies - you could have them scatter something other than flower petals that would fit your 20's theme...

Does your half-brother want to be in the wedding?  Would he do a reading during the ceremony?  I'm guessing he and your FI aren't close enough for your FI to ask him to be a groomsman?

• Readers or bridesmaids (or bridesman) but don't give them a random job. Jobs aren't honors. Also a theme makes your wedding seem like a costume party.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Your half brother could be an usher and your step-sisters could be bridesmaids or give out programs or favors.  But maybe first you should ask to see if they do want to be included in the wedding somehow, other than just attending it.    
  • I'm with Teddy, for the ladies I'd do BM, reader, or honored guest (with flowers maybe) and for your half brother reader or usher.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    Bridesmaids, groomsmen, readers, and singers are the only "good" roles in the wedding. Ushers can be ok, too. You don't have to have them in a role to "include" them. Give them flowers to wear and take pics with them. Boom!  Included. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards