October 2013 Weddings

Invitation worry

So I sent all our invitations out last week and I have received a few phone calls regarding our RSVP card. Our card is a post card so there is no envelope, there is a stamp and our return address on the back. Apparently this has been confusing a lot of people. A few people have asked me if I forgot the envelope. I am worried that everyone is confused by these and I think I am rude for not putting an envelope in there. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, is there anyway to stop the confusion?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Invitation worry

• Sorry, not sure - I did an envelope. I would hope seeing the stamp on the postcard would be enough though?
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Oh, god, I hope not! We're doing the same thing. It never occurred to me that people couldn't figure out a damn postcard that was pre-stamped!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I was a little surprised that I had so many people call me because they were confused.  One of my BM who lives out of state sent me a text and was afraid that I had forgotten to include envelopes.  My sister thought the same thing until she put the postcard on her bed and saw the back of it.  I am just hoping people will flip it over and see the stamp.

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • We haven't had any issues. We did it the same way. Come on people, be smarter than that! lol

• @stina51286 - lol...I was thinking the same thing.  Who knows, maybe it is just my family who can't figure it out!

I am hoping most people will just flip them over so I don't have a lot of confused people...we will see!

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • Sorry you are going through this. I wouldn't imagine this being an issue, but apparently people don't flip it over. One more thing to stress over for no real reason. No fun.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I think my head just exploded a wee bit.

I'm one of those people who would spend a nanosecond flipping the card and/or going through everything BEFORE calling so I don't look or sound like an idiot going "Where's the envelope?"

Who knew this could be a potential issue.

Man, weddings sure are stressful!!!
  • We have the same: postcard with address and stamp. No issues here yet. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm going to put our RSVP cards in the envelopes backwards (so the front of the card, with the address and stamp) is facing up. Maybe that will help people figure it out.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • @hisgirlfriday13 - that is a great idea...I wish I had thought of this! 

Apparently, it is only my family who is having issues with the postcards...I don't get it.  We have gotten a couple back from FI's family and there wasn't a problem.  My family needs to smarten up!  lol

148 Invited
    image 23 Are no fun!
  • I am sending mine out today and my RSVP is also a postcard I hope I don't have any problems (although I am thinking I will from my FI's family - at least the older ones). Mine they have to flip over to write on it so here's hoping!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards