Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

let's discuss... Emmy's style - Best and Worst

I'll admit i didn't watch.. but my daily US Weekly email came through with this link:
Who were your faves (best dressed)? Who did you just not get (worst dressed)?

I loved Clair Danes, Eva Longoria, Mariska Hagarity and Heidi Klum. I can't get over how Heidi Klum had 4 kids and looks as amazing as she does.. if only we all could have a personal trainer in life....

I did NOT get January Jones' dress... at all. OR Diana Argon (what is she in?)

Re: let's discuss... Emmy's style - Best and Worst

• ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES! I live for this stuff!

Love
    Lea Michele
    Kim Kardashian
    Kelly Osbourne (she looks HOT)
    Claire Danes
    Eva Longoria
    Sofia Vergara

Not so much:
    Lauren Graham
    Tina Fey
    Christina Henricks
    Glenn Close

What did you guys think of Ana Paquin's Alexander McQueen dress? I kinda love it! It's so different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    I think January Jones got lost in that dress.. it was too much. I feel impartial to Diana Argon's dress.. I think it is a little much. I think she was in Glee.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get to watch either but I've been surfing the photo galleries all morning! lol... My favs were:

Lea Michele, Claire Danes, Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum (LOVE her!), and Nina Dobrev

worst:

Christina Hendricks, Tina Fey, and Kate Gosseling... she just looked like an old lady! lol

About January Jones... It certainly wasn't my favorite dress but I think she looked fab and really rocked the look!! I think Diana Argon is in Glee?
  • edited December 2011
    oooo Ros, so disagree with Tina Fey. I LOVED her dress. I did NOT like January Jones... bah! Christina Hendriks had too much going on IMO. I lurve Jenna Fischer, but I did not like her dress.  Kyra Sedgwicks, I didn't like either.

I thought Jane Lynch looked awesome! I was also so happy that Cam from Modern Family won... I love him!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Didn't watch, but have caught some recaps on the Today Show this morning.  I liked Lea Michele's outfit, but did NOT care for her hairstyle.  Kelly Osbourne looks f*ing amazing, and I think Eva Longoria would look stunning no matter what she wore.

As much as I want to love Christina Hendricks, I just can't get behind what she wore.  I loved Anna Paquin's McQueen dress, it was really gorgeous.

January Jones' dress was ridiculous.  Didn't care for that at all.  I honestly think if the top half was different, I would like it more.  

DB:  Diana is from Glee, she's a total knockout but I didn't particularly care for that dress either.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011

I didn't quite get Ana Paquins dress, personally not a style I would like.. a little too different for my taste i guess.

I agree about the top half of January Jones' dress... i loved the color but the top part really threw it for me.. She did however wear the dress well... if you know what i mean.. (not sure i know what I even mean.. i guess that she had an air of confidence that was needed)

I completely agree about Jane Lynch and Kelly Osbourne! They both looked great!

what did Cam in? Best supporting actor? i heart him. Modern Family is one of my fave shows; i can't wait for it to come back...

• edited December 2011
    Eww, Kyra Sedgwicks hair was awful! She was wearing a more expensive dress then I'll ever wear in my life time and her hair looked like she didn't even do anything to it!

Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Jamie- I think her dress looks like a tablecloth!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol Trisha I totally agree!

About Anna Paquin's Alexander McQueen - I thought it was so different an kind of refreshing! She looked fabulous in it (although it isn't exactly my style) but overall I loved the look!
  • edited December 2011
    I can not freaking believe that I forgot to watch the Emmy's!  I love TV and I love the Emmy's!  ARGH.  

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_lets-discuss-emmys-style-worst?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:a0b80534-4edc-4356-98c5-d655cf0581dbPost:989084f3-c1d8-4e87-9dac-720b03b63fce">Re: let's discuss... Emmy's style - Best and Worst</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can not freaking believe that I forgot to watch the Emmy's!  I love TV and I love the Emmy's!  ARGH.  
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]

Totally with you on this one...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I also must say I did not enjoy Ana Paquin's dress. I could get over the shoulder things, but the way it was cut in the front, it looked like (to me) it was stuck in her panties. :)
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    Favs: Kelly Osborne, as stated, looked fabulous!  Eva Longoria (I don't think she ever looks bad), Kim Kardashian looked great, Keidi Klum would look good in a paper bag, Claire Danes

I really liked Jenna Fischer's dress because it was different, but not all effed up, and it really flattered her.

I don't think anyone mentioned her... but Susan Sarandon looks amazing these days. I think she's really rocking her age.

Not so much: Kate Gosselin (still don't get how she's still famous), Lea Michele (Loved the jewelry, Not the dress), Kathy Griffin (I think she has a great body but never shows it off),  Tina Fey (Not a fan of the dress, she could do better),  I really didn't care for January Jones's dress,  Glenn Close, Anna Paquin (the dress didn't flatter her, she looked larger in it), Lauren Graham.

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loved:
    Toni Collette
    Emily Deschanel
    Carrie Preston
    Padma Lakshmi
    Claire Danes (SPARKLES!)
    Heather Morris
    Kelly Osborne

I liked Christina Hendricks' dress- the lady is not afraid to experiment, and I think she rocks.
    Also liked January Jones- thank god at least a few people were not completely boring.  That color!

Meh:
    Mariska Hargitay (usually so good!)
    Dianna Agron
    Anna Paquin- love the McQueen nod but really hated that waistline on her
    Guiliana Rancic- was that pleather?
    Heidi Klum- she's hot but it's a little too TOO
    Rita Wilson, WTH?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards