New Jersey - South
Options

how do you find an officiant?

wedding is 8 months from TODAY! slowly looking to cross off my to do list and next up is to find someone to marry us! haha. we're not religious at all nor are we getting married in a church. how does one find an officiant?

Spotofteadesigns.com - I blog about crafting, home decorating, baking, party planning and other creative things. See posts about my 9.22.12 wedding DIYs!

Re: how do you find an officiant?

• Options
    If you want to go with a Justice of the Peace, you can use a mayor or certain other elected officials from the town you are marrying in.  You can also call your county courthouse and ask someone about judges who will marry you.  There is always craigslist.  You can search for an officiant there.  Lastly, maybe one of your friends would like to get ordained online and serve as your officiant?
  • Options
     i can give you names and numbers of people who applied for my craigslist post. 

private msg me if you want them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just came on to ask about a photographer, and I saw that she also is a wedding officiant.  I saw it on Facebook - LeAnna Fisher Photography.  She is running a contest and I wanted to know if anyone has worked with her in the past before I enter.  It is with her and a bunch of other vendors to save 30 percent off of each.  I need to read through the details again.  I have no idea if she travels, I saw that she is in Ocean County.  HTH!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    themarriageman.com

We didnt get married in a church, nor was it very religious. The ceremony can be as laidback or as serious as you want. He was beyond helpful with everything.!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards